Becoming classics?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

And if a modified head has been fitted, how could the engine have been described as BLUEPRINTED?!
for those of you who need reminding, Blueprinting is the careful assembly of a standard engine, built to the most advantageous production tolerances. This is not cheap!
A convincing looking pack of lies. The engine bay just doesn't look right for a car that has had lots of money spent
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

That's one quick auntie!!!!!!! NOT
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Oh my gawd (or whatever deity you wish to call upon).
This is truly FRIGHTENING, not merely the steering wheel or shonky custom stick on plastic bits, but this whole forged receipt buisness, and at time of posting this, its upto £900.
As Barnum once said.... "there is a sucker born every minute!"
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<b>1990 CITROEN BX 1.6 TDS, </b>
H reg. 28000 miles, genuine, dark grey, 5 door, 12 months MOT, EW, good runner,. £450 . ono.
Tel: 0161 ********
Distance: 25 miles
Price: £450 ono.
Tempted[?], cos i know i am (if the milage IS genuine....)
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Guys,
Read this & prepare to cry....[:(][:0]
Here's the opposite side to this one. It was posted on a board out here yesterday that a 1991 BX16V series two with 43,000 klms (read approx. 25,000 miles) with a years rego (Tax - approx A$700) new tyres (approx A$750 if Michies) and full service records, air/con and all trimmings and still in as new condition, was sold as part of an estate of an elderly old dear.
Put into perspective, these can bring all kinds of prices here with a "roughie" usually around $3500, an average one in the $4500 - $5500 region and a good one up to $10,000 but this one?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
Two hundred smackeroos...........YEP, no misprint, Two Hundred Aussie Dollars (also known as Pacific Pesos) which equates to around 60 UK pounds.
There HAS to be a reason for this, whether it belonged to another family member who may have pre deceased her or what I don't know as BX16Vs aren't the kind of car your Granny buys to take scones to Church on Sunday usually but that came from the President of the Car Club and was apparently confirmed by the dealer who did a service job on it as soon as it was purchased (cambelt etc).
As far as this other car is conserned, I have a feeling I have seen pics of that car previously and may have been owned by a guy called Karl. I don't know where the Uncle & Aunt came from; might be some relation to Granny that had the 16V perhaps??
Alan S
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VisaGTi16v</i>

Theres another bx on ebay now but this ones far from standard. I dont know whats worse, the steering wheel, bonnet vent, headlights or the rear seat belt pads!!! ARGH http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... eName=WDVW
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
From his feedback you can see what the last item he bought was;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5309288293
...he's obviously a complete tit
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

They must work. That's possibly why they had to chop the top half of the steering wheel off on the BX!! So she could reach it.
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Alan S [}:)]
JimW
My Cars:

Post by JimW »

Re. this increasingly iffy-looking 16v and the associated "creative" receipt:
Out of curiosity (and before I make a fool of myself),
Does anyone know what the manufacturer's claimed peak torque is for a standard 16v, and at what engine speed ?
(Ditto for peak power, too, please).
Thanks, Jim.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

lol nick
Jim, 160bhp@6500rpm and 177nm@5000 which I believe is 131ft/lb
CommY
My Cars:

Post by CommY »

Oh My G.Reddy Aunt, HE'S GOING TO ATTEMPT PROSECUTION.
He's not the sort of man who you can e-mail pointing out an obvious fake and take it lieing down. I was going to e-mail him as well, just to annoy the dumb SOB, but he suspected the other guy was on drugs and I am! so NO, no not me matey oh no no no he's too 'tuffer cookyie'. I'm off to Board out my engine with a bit of tounge and groove to at least 2000. PLUS Spoloiers are a must have accessoriy so I've got to get one for my rear!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Hmmm - Yell.com havn't heard of Greddy (or should it be Greedy?) - but that doesn't surprise anyone(!)
I've never in my life had a reciept written in such large type that it is readable without using a magnifying glass, let alone being readable from 10ft away! Highly suspicious! And 3-colour printing? has he just got his Mac up and running? That era passed away in the early 80's!
The whole thing is clearly a forgery - don't E-Bay have a link for reporting dodgy advertisments?
//NiSk
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I emailed him last night and pointed out that as an accountant I'm trained to spot fake VAT invoices, and that very obviously is one !
He sent back a surprisingly polite reply (didn't accuse me of being on drugs!) saying he was genuinely surprised, and thought that the people he was selling the car for had been ripped off by the previous owner. He's either a very good liar, or honest complete numpty.
I notice that its still on ebay though......
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 67105&rd=1
Well off topic i know, but if there is one thing which rilles me and makes me sooo not trust a seller its a truly apauling listing with horrendous spelling mistakes which surely no one could make (this is a mats car! - year right and your selling it for your antiy)
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Wonderful - 185,000 on cok ! Can't be a 1.5 at that age can it?
jeremy
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

lol, i like the "new accrete cable", must get one of them in my car!