BX register

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I bought a new TZD Estate in 1991 and specified air-con as an extra. Cost an additional £850. Didn't opt for metallic, saving the extra £180 but instead chose white as the solid option together with red. I enjoyed the car for ten years and then sold it to Bob Smith in 2001. As far as I know he still has it - but where is he?
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by martyhopkirk</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jonathan_dyane</i>

See below [;)] I'd show a photograph if I knew how, copy and paste doesn't seem to work.
Anyone?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Jonathan... you need to use a web photo hosting service first, my advice would be photobucket or tinypic (http://tinypic.com/)
You then need to use the forum code tag to insert a pic into your post (like my two at teh bottom here) - thets the Image
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

Publicity is a great idea. Maybe I'll write something up for one of the classic car mags
and advise potential owners of the breadth of help and knowledge on this forum.
As for a gathering, yes, count me in.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[:0]
No. Keep them a secret and then they'll be cheap!!
You can add mine to the list too.
jack.dempsey
My Cars: BX TZD @ 250K miles (J reg),
Xantia TD @ 165K miles (R reg),
Xantia 2.1 TD (R reg)
and tow a caravan with them all (not at the same time)

Post by jack.dempsey »

Don't forget to count me in guys. Black TZD with 250K MILES !! (I've had it since 45K) and still going stong. Had to have some new arteries (for the green blood) this year - but thats all its had appart from oil/filter - so represents really cheap motoring now. When it does expire eventually (presumably accompanied with a loud bang and lots of smoke) I shall be a tad sad. How may is that now then ?
clivetheitman
My Cars:

Post by clivetheitman »

I have 2 BX's at the moment a 1.9 diesel hatchback J reg 1991 and a 1.6i petrol estate M reg 1994. also I scrapped a 1992 k reg diesel hatchback last christmas.
AWG
My Cars:

Post by AWG »

I'm using my parents' BX16 while I sort out the water level. J Reg 90,000 miles.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Twenty seven. Looks like there could be a fairly big meeting!
I have a site under construction at the moment but I do not know if it would be possible (or advisable)to create a database on it.
I suggest that owners Email me and I will create a list that may be circulated with owners' permission from my email,
BUT ONLY TO OTHER REGISTERED BX OWNERS.
I suggest that the first entries are something like this:
This can/ can not be circulated
I am:
Car is: model age year colour mileage options
Second:
Third:
My contact Email: (Type dot for. and at for @ please)Release/withhold
Can/cannot provide tech help to others with same model or options.
not/interested in rallies, get togethers, drunken revels etc.
That should cover it
There is a BX club in France; Would you like me to send fraternal greetings to let them know that we are here?
How would the CCC feel about this?
How do we feel about the CCC?
What would you want from the register?
Any suggestions?
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 46634&rd=1
And theres more... found this odd coloured TGD on eBay for a quid...
horrid1
My Cars:

Post by horrid1 »

Hi, Tom,I have a BX16RS,two BX16TRS that are going,and a BX19TRS and a BX16TRS that have suffered frontal collision damage. I have only just joined this forum, You may find this posting upside down!![8D]
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

Thirty-one? BX 16 TRS, version for Switzerland. Still trying to understand the car, collecting documentation and fixing neglected maintenance. Will need some more time as 9 of 10 mechanics here have no idea what its about when it comes to BX... which, on the other hand, makes the car cheap compared to its real value.
G4EIY
My Cars:

Post by G4EIY »

Hi Folks,
Here is another two,as below, both the BX's are on the road.
The TD is one of my retirement projects, nearly finished, still to replace a leaking core plug on the rear of the block, and change the turbo at the same time.
Waiting for a warm spell of weather, incase I have to cut a hole in the floor to get access !!!...
Cheers
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

I know i may be a bit late with this, but I have one too!![:D]
1990 16valve, 106k shell, 86k engine! ( i wasnt very nice to the original engine!!) big wheels and a big right foot!
there are a lot of them about down here!! i nkwo of another 16v that hasnt moved in over 18months! and plenty of diesels!
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

This is dreadfully nostalgic - I'm going green with envy! I really enjoyed a black 16TRS for a couple of years before it was written off by a 40mph Astra. And then a red 19TRS up to 140k. Neither of them let me down, ever. They only, ever, broke in the driveway[:D][:D]
PJ
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Tom,
Only just noticed this as it has bounced to the top. You said...
<<How would the CCC feel about this? How do we feel about the CCC? What would you want from the register? Any suggestions?>>>
Well this is purely my personal view but some here will know I'm a long time supporter of the CCC and write the combined BX/Xantia column in the monthly magazine "Citroenian". There is an established register for BXs within the CCC.
I am OK with anyone "doing their own thing" but think sometimes it is a bit of a shame as it draws potential members from this well established club of 50yrs+.
We already have in place the "framework" for everything you would want to do related to the BX....annual shows, regional meets and the potential to arrange any amount of model meets the members wanted. Also classic insurance contacts, a group roadside recovery scheme, free for sale and wants both online and in the magazine.
Just recently we revamped our website and added member forums plus an excellent online member photo gallery. The forums are actually suffering for of a lack of established forum users so would benefit from the input of many folks here.
As I said I really have no axe to grind, even if you would say I was bound to be biased! I rarely mention the CCC here as I do not want to intrude on Jon's excellent work. But when you go beyond the online stuff here then it really is moving towards the area we already cover.... just want you to know what is already in place out there.
David
BX/Xantia columnist and forum moderator for CCC.
http://www.citroencarclub.org.uk/PostNuke/
Jon

Post by Jon »

David
Very briefly, I did register on the new CCC site, but despite best efforts cannot locate any Forums. Do you have to join the CCC then upgrade your site login to view them?
I'll leave it to the others that have posted in this thread as to what they think of a potential tie-up with the CCC, I don't have a problem, and in the past have written a couple of articles for the Citroenian about ZX's!
As the number of BX's dwindles, it could be sensible for Andyspares Forum, BX 16v Club and the CCC to maybe arrange a combined meeting and or a spares/help scheme?