Project BX Day 2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

Passats are possibly the dullest car ever made - IMHO.
Monties were not too bad in Si/Efi trim, and the Turbo was Torque steer heaven.
Liked the Cossie Sierras, the 2 door more than the Sapphire.
Fiat models of that era - 126/Croma/Strada/Uno/Panda etc etc - Sorry, I live and breathe cars!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Me too, but all the Fiats are long gone (And I suppose we are off topic!).
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Funnily enough, just up the road from work where me and my BX are right now, there's a virtually concours Strada Abarth 130......
Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

I considered one of those a few years ago, but back then you couldn't find a decent one for less than 2K, and the Uno turbo was prolific.
The TC was meant to be pretty good by all accounts.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Don't see many BX's compared to xant obviously, But theres a few around locally that are absolutely minters.
Mainly in that dark metallic green colour seems to last well compared to most citroen colours.
AND NO ITS NOT THE SAME ONE I SEE EVERY TIME[:D][:D]
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

I was telling my friend's girlfriend about the trouble I have had with my cars and she could only see one remedy 'why dont you buy a new one' in a 'old cars are no good - like a flat Duracell battery' kind of a way.
She kind of missed the point that old cars can be good because not every car is the same and when the designers compromise something to make a new car 'better' something is often lost which made the old car 'better' to somebody in one way or another.
Take my mother's car for example. People may just remember my posts concerning my pationate hatred of her Xsara and one of the reasons is the throttle. Its overly and artificially response due to the engine management tweaks they have done which some people will like as it makes the car feel sprightly. I on the other hand prefer the throttle on my old AX, which has the same engine, because its more linear and less responsive. So obviously by just buying a new car I would not have the choice of an unresponsive throttle because they dont make cars like that anymore so I would be missing out. So there you go Becky thats why I wont buy a new car, amongst other reasons to do with being a tight arse I suppose.
Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by paranoid</i>

Don't see many BX's compared to xant obviously, But theres a few around locally that are absolutely minters.
Mainly in that dark metallic green colour seems to last well compared to most citroen colours.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Triton Green, now that is a stonking colour I agree heartily [;)][:D]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Daniel B</i>

Fiat models of that era - 126/Croma/Strada/Uno/Panda etc etc
You forgot the Regata (basically a booted Strada), possibly the second dullest car ever made. I had a B reg 1.6 petrol, the last 'non-Citroen' I owned. It was seriously rusty by the time it was 7 years old, but at least it had a nice Italian-sounding exhaust note. The performance and handling were nothing like as good as the BX 1.6 I replaced it with though.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

'possibly the second dullest car ever made'
Sorry this has to be a mistake. The dullest car ever made was..... the Vauxhall Nova saloon (with a boot). Why was it made[?] Was it made in other colours or just than light lime green colour[?] These questions and other may never be answered [;)].
Jon

Post by Jon »

Surely the dullest car ever made was the Austin Maestro 1.3 City in hearing aid beige [:o)]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

That was my wifes wedding car <i>NIIIIIICE!</i>
I was the the best man[:0] He wasn't my mate for much longer[;)] Could never make my mind up if it was running of with his wife after 3 months or the dirty white Maestro!!!!!!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

Surely the dullest car ever made was the Austin Maestro 1.3 City in hearing aid beige [:o)]
Now then now then, I had one of these a D plater called Sally (Gunnell - looks ugly, runs well) before i became a citroen convert, and it was a fantastic motor (it was beige, yes). ran forever, lugged loads of building material around when i did the extension, tons of room to work on the A+ engine and if a bit droped off it was easy to fix.
Rust, sure it rusted, but never anywhere structual.
Sorry Jon, I wont here a thing said against these fine motors.
Little Yellow Van please!
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

No, you are correct I have happy memories of days out in my dad's when I was a nipper.
Dad had 3 sister had 1, Just like anything really if it was maintained it ran and ran.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

My Dad had a Montego, says it was the worst car he ever owned. Complete with a 2.0 litre mayonaise generating petrol engine, it had a condensation problem.
Apparently, they got all of the problems and faults sorted out (even the rust) but then they stopped making them...
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

No, the Maestro/ Montego was horrible. No excuses. No exceptions. Look how many more of those odd French things outlived them. Hardly a strong following then.