New Xantia, diesel newbie, many questions..

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

D.Slatford
My Cars:

Post by D.Slatford »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm surprised that you can hear the tubo. This suggests that there may be an air leak which would of course affect the performance.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It's very faint, but then my high frequency hearing can be annoyingly above average.
Anyway, since replacing two of the bleedoff hoses, it seems to be starting better. I was stunned this morning to turn the key and have it start up <i>instantly</i>! About to replace air and fuel filters incase that has any notable impact as well.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

The cable from No.3 injector (number 1 at the flywheel end) is to transmit an electric pulse from the injector lift sensor to the engine ECU, it uses this (and also one from a TDC sensor in the bellhousing) to determin a value for injection timing advance.
The tacho should read correctly with either of the two sensors disconnected, it will only stop if both are disconnected at the same time.
If it stops reading when one of them is unplugged this is a sure indication that the other still connected sensor is either faulty, or its signal is not getting through because of wiring problems.
The engine note should change dramaticaly when both sensors are disconnected as the ECU gets no indication of what the advance should be.
Dave Burns