Sorry all

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ItDontGo
My Cars:

Sorry all

Post by ItDontGo »

Sorry folks for having a go at Xsaras again. Now Tom Sheppard is my best mate again [:)] I recall reading yesterday that you fixed your cutting out problem for £1.30. What was that as ours also has a cutting out problem.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Felt a wright donkey on repair. Story goes, bought the car, kept stalling, dealer fitted new coil pack, HT leads, plugs, ECU coolant sensor, temp sensor, ECU down load, Lambda sensor. In utter dispair I found this forum (GSF) and some one had mentioned the 'MAP' sensor and what it does. I eventualy found on another site www.carsurvey.org (or alike) that a guy in Canada had the same problem. Fitted an after market petrol filter in the air line from the throttle housing to the MAP sensor at its lowest point. Cleaned out the oil gunk from the sensor and hey presto no more stalling. Turns out even over a short period of time oil vapour can settle in the MAP sensor and cause the stall, but not all the time. £1.30 from local motor factors for one of those tiny crappy pertol filters. First thing I did on my new Xsara clean MAP sensor and fit filter. New one yet to stall. Also got over my sulk mate. No ill feelings.
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

Thanks for that. I forgot it was Stuart McB too, sorry!