Headlamp bulbs/update

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry that's
Acc= Assistant chief constable.
POP= Problem orientated Policeing.
reffro
My Cars:

Post by reffro »

Glad to see you like the silverstars as much as I did. Blinding white light off them, for the best effect get out in the country away from all other light, they are awesome. I think I'm going to treat my C3 to some this christmas, the lights are already good, but it certainly won't hurt to have them a little better.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Are you guys using them as just main beam, dip or both, since the dip stays on with the ZX when you goto main beam?
Thinking of getting myself some but since i need 4 which will cost around £40 need to know if it would be worth it to do all or just main or dip.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Just the dip for me,as i have normal 100 watt bulbs in the main beam.They are fine as they are.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Got H4 bulbs in the Xsara, that means both the dipped and high beam are in the same bulb.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> It's one of those accronims that you don't come across in every day <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">]
Yes, also most of us tend to get special high intensity training each day, at work. Same old S.H.I.T. different day !! [:)][:D][:)]
kid
My Cars:

Post by kid »

if anyone wants a set of osram silverstars there is someone on ebay doing them at £11.50 a set.
I fitted these a couple of weeks ago (dipped beam) and have seen a significant improvement in the light output, compared to the previous set of non-branded xenon filled bulbs.
I don’t know how this guy is doing them at this price, (maybe the taxman does not know) but who cares. Mine were delivered next day recorded delivery too. Cheapest elsewhere i could find was around £18 IIRC.
type Osram Silverstar h1 in the search box
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I fitted a pair of Osram Silverstar H7 to my C5, much improved white tightly focussed light. Who needs Xenon at £1000 extra and £100 per bulb?
The Philips blue sidelights (as previously mentioned) are very white and look a lot better too.
The old bulbs (both working) were branded GE and the reflective coating on the tips had begun to wear off. I haven't seen that before.
I'd recommend Powerbulbs.co.uk to anyone.