Xantia air bag light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Xantia air bag light

Post by RichardW »

The air bag light on the Xantia is coming on occasionally (it's an early one with the light on the wheel). It seems sporadic, staying on for a couple of seconds at a time. I guess it's probably one of the seat belt jobbies, but when this happened on my colleague's Saxo, the light would flash for a while, then stay on until you turned off then on again. Any thoughts? Does the ECU store fault codes, and can you flash read them, or should I just find the fuse and pull it out.....?
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Yes the ECU does store airbag fault codes, but you can't generate flash codes, you need the proper reader.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

After a bit of investigation on the way home last night[;)] I have come to the conclusion it is related to turning the wheel, and the light comes on for about 2 seconds - I think what is happening is that the air bag is losing power, and then powering up again and going through the self check routine, hence the light is coming on. Not every turn of the wheel causes it though! I guess this means the clock spring (or whatever Citroen call it) is breaking down. Bet a new one of those is a pretty price....[}:)]