Ideal for the "inthusiast" (sic)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

The BX owners may have already been there - and laughed heartily. As for pulling off limbs, we don't even do it to flies, even when they settle on the bars of our padded cells....
phil02

Post by phil02 »

You BX owners have the padded cell too? Oh, good, I was worried it was just my breed.[:p]
And, for the record, I don't actually agree that the BX is ugly...nor the DS, which makes an unfortunate appearance there too. Some people have no taste.[:0]
Rivendell

Post by Rivendell »

Is it not that Citroens are like fine wines and stinky cheese ? Until you've tried them you can't appreciate the individualities of the cars [:p]
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

I love browsing Ebay
...but you'd think people trying to make money would try their hardest to sell it well! It just looks half-arsed and retarded even! Lack of information is a big turn off
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DLM</i>

Don't they just not go together! Just spotted a BX14RE on ebay in that distinctive cream exterior and brown trim reeking of 1980s france, advertised as having an "IMPECABLE" interior.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 87377&rd=1
While I like it, there are many others who have used more...erm....interesting language to describe this colour combination.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I like the other items from the same seller. He has got a bit of a classy second hand motors trade going... a not so "IMPECABLE" old beige capri and a couple of rusty Fiat Stradas amongst his other aquisitions!
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Re the pic of the speedo on this add... Someones having a laugh.. Of the 6 digits shown only the 2nd one seems to be in the right place? heh heh [:D] I've seen some badly "clocked" cars but this is one of the most obvious so far! [:0] [8)]
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 87377&rd=1
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Erm.... have you ever experienced a real live BX odometer, James?
I've seen many (including genuine mileages), taken dead ones apart, and all seem to have the same trait: the numbers NEVER line up. Perhaps that's why so many BX diesels used to be "successfully" clocked.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

........but the one owner who had it for 10 years must have found it strange to be buying a new car with a 1989 plate in 1994! The seller seems to have noticed the logical flaw though.
phil02

Post by phil02 »

Plus it's about to roll over to 56,000 in 75 miles so the second 5 is on it's way up...
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DLM</i>

I've seen many (including genuine mileages), taken dead ones apart, and all seem to have the same trait: the numbers NEVER line up. Perhaps that's why so many BX diesels used to be "successfully" clocked.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Absolutely, beware of any BX where the odometer digits DO line up properly. I owned a succession of BX's (one of which I knew to be genuine mileage cos we'd owned it from new) and the digits didn't line up on any of them from about 20k onwards.
However it was possible to make them line up by slapping the top of the instrument panel hard with the palm of your hand. As soon as the car was driven more than a mile they'd go back to being out of line again.
Nick