P2A00

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: P2A00

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So let me explain to make sure you're not getting confused.

There are 2 values - one is the current soot loading which shows at any given time the estimated percentage of soot in the filter. When it reaches a certain limit, the filter will regenerate and the soot levels fall back down again and the process repeats.

The other value should be in grammes. This is the estimation of cerine deposits that have built up in the particle filter wall. Cerine is a compound contained in the Eolys additive fluid that cannot be burned off during regeneration. So the engine ECU records the amount of additive that has been injected into the fuel tank (and therefore into the filter) over time. When the engine ECU estimates that the amount of Cerine in grammes has reached a level that is determined to be a maximum limit, it will start to say the DPF needs replacing. This is when you would have the DPF cleaned or replaced and advise the engine ECU that the DPF has been replaced. This then starts the Cerine count up from zero again.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GORAX
Donor 2024

Post by GORAX »

Thanks for the Information!
GORAX
Donor 2024

Post by GORAX »

Question?

Is it possible to clean the nox sensor? I will check on friday.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ideally they should be replaced if they are faulty as once the internal components get contaminated they’re pretty much shot.

Also, don’t be tempted to get a cheap sensor as it’s not worth it in the long run.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GORAX
Donor 2024

Post by GORAX »