Help identifying switch placed by previous owner

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Help identifying switch placed by previous owner

Post by myglaren »

LedZep wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 16:28
pedro205 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:59 It is in French but as far as I know Module Allumage translates to ignition module. So I guess it is in fact an ignition kill switch. My question is why doesn't it do anything? I'll test it with a multimeter later today.
Be careful and step by step with electrics for not further damage because as i can see the previous owner use a switch of old fashion electronics and not for automotive use and unknown amperage load, with wires that tied them up all together.
Not the top one with the stupid moggie, can't get rid of that unfortunately.
LedZep
Donor 2024

Post by LedZep »

:) I'm almost sure that he is doing this on purpose.If not, he deserves every penny that earns from YT or whatever. He is worldwide famous.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

LedZep wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 17:26 :) I'm almost sure that he is doing this on purpose.If not, he deserves every penny that earns from YT or whatever. He is worldwide famous.
He is! Apparently to warn people of the potential dangers.
pedro205

Post by pedro205 »

LedZep wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 16:28
pedro205 wrote: 08 Jul 2024, 11:59 It is in French but as far as I know Module Allumage translates to ignition module. So I guess it is in fact an ignition kill switch. My question is why doesn't it do anything? I'll test it with a multimeter later today.
Be careful and step by step with electrics for not further damage because as i can see the previous owner use a switch of old fashion electronics and not for automotive use and unknown amperage load, with wires that tied them up all together. He uses also a connector for home electric installation. O.k, the car didn't catch fire all these years but all of this seem to be sloppiness. Τhere is also a missing safe in position 14. You have to investigate this. Maybe it's optional but maybe he by pass the circuit. I think this scheme is the closest for ignition circuit of your model in the site that you've already found.Usually with kill switches, they were cutting off the ignition load which is No2=grey wire in your case or the load from key switch. Every good thief who respected himself, knew that.

Thanks for the heads up, you are certainly right.

Actually, upon further investigation I solved the mistery of the inoperative switch. When I started untying things I've found that all the wires were soldered together #-o
IMG_7682.jpeg
I was perplexed. But then I remembered that the previous owner was an old lady. My theory is that she kept hitting the switch inadvertently and the car would not start. Eventually the husband was fed up and decided to override it by soldering everything together :lol:

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone.
LedZep
Donor 2024

Post by LedZep »

I'm glad that you find out.What a mess! They were definitely made for each other as a couple. :-D But come on! He could fix it in an electrician. The circuit and the wiring diagram are very simple.So it's easy to restore it as it was originally. Good luck.