C5 Aircross Timing Chain

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Steve Walsh
Donor 2024

Re: C5 Aircross Timing Chain

Post by Steve Walsh »

Mine is going in on the 25th July for a couple of days, Actually sounds ok but pleased it is being done. Service manager seems a decent guy, going to try and look at the old parts just for curiosity .
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well at least there's some assurance there. I keep having a listen but you end up getting paranoid :rofl2: as every little click and tick makes you wonder if it's chain related - and being a diesel of course makes it worse to detect.

I have mine dealer-serviced yearly with very low mileage (2-3k) so any future contribution should be looked on favourably - and the fact I have raised my concerns via email.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Steve Walsh
Donor 2024

Post by Steve Walsh »

I will report back here when the job is done with any useful info I can get. I might have another one that will need doing at some time,,, I have a friend here in France that had a 3008 / 1.2 Puretech, It had 2 belts under warranty but was still giving her problems and was needing a third, plus It drank more oil than I drink Guinness. After riding in my car, she traded it in at a loss and bought one just like mine after I told her the PSA diesels are no problem.... It is about time they got their act together and made something reliable. In the past I had a Mazda 6 that ate chains, I put 3 in while I had it, 1 was poss faulty and parts changed under warranty but still a load of work, I have also heard of BMW's with chain probs... Maybee it is just chain manufacturers
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well all I can hope for is that there continues to be a push-back against us all having Milk Floats and more people chuck them in and return to a petrol / diesel and that they don't stop providing a good supply of ICE vehicles and parts for a good while yet.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc