'06 C2 1.4l correct accelerator pedal part number

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler

Re: '06 C2 1.4l correct accelerator pedal part number

Post by wheeler »

Virtakayttoinenkettu wrote: 29 Jun 2024, 12:39 Also, would I need a different pedal if I don't need the limiter? Can I just use the one already in the car? You've been very helpful, thanks.
No, you only need to change the pedal if you want limiter function, If its just CC you need then you can use the original pedal you have.
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

Post by Virtakayttoinenkettu »

wheeler wrote: 29 Jun 2024, 15:18
Virtakayttoinenkettu wrote: 29 Jun 2024, 12:39 Also, would I need a different pedal if I don't need the limiter? Can I just use the one already in the car? You've been very helpful, thanks.
No, you only need to change the pedal if you want limiter function, If its just CC you need then you can use the original pedal you have.
That's what I've read as well, thanks for the confirmation.
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Jun 2024, 13:19 Again there are different stalks for the hundreds of different comms units which again are different for each vehicle and options fitted. So it's really not possible to answer this as your original unit is without speed limiter or cruise stalks and I can't compare this with one from a completely different vehicle. The cruise / limiter stalk that would of been fitted for your C2 is part: 6242Z8.

Of course if you provide the VIN from your C5, I can of course check to see if that is the same or a different stalk part, but there is no guarantee this will work as it may be a completely different comms unit with different connections and electronics.
Thanks again, sorry for bothering you with that. Funnily enough, that's exactly the part I've been looking at. I happened to find the same info, but I just wanted to make sure.

I guess, might as well. The VIN for the C5 is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So the part numbers are completely different for both the comms unit and the stalks of the C5 as compared to the ones for your C2.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

GiveMeABreak wrote: 01 Jul 2024, 12:50 So the part numbers are completely different for both the comms unit and the stalks of the C5 as compared to the ones for your C2.
Alrighty, thanks for letting me know.
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

GiveMeABreak wrote: 25 Jun 2024, 23:12 Don't forget you will need the buffer pad (5), part: 160606, £18.74, for kick down to override the speed limiter.

I've managed to source the correct pedal, but where can I buy this part? I've only come across some fairly shady sites. Thanks yet again for all the help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's down to you of course, but I only provide the official parts direct from Peugeot / Citroen, so these can be ordered from your Citroen dealer quoting the parts I've provided, or you'll have to search from breakers / second hand yards or online sellers. Bear in mind yours is approaching 20 years old, so parts are not going to be as easily available as they once were...
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Virtakayttoinenkettu
Donor 2024

GiveMeABreak wrote: 01 Jul 2024, 22:11 That's down to you of course, but I only provide the official parts direct from Peugeot / Citroen, so these can be ordered from your Citroen dealer quoting the parts I've provided, or you'll have to search from breakers / second hand yards or online sellers. Bear in mind yours is approaching 20 years old, so parts are not going to be as easily available as they once were...
Right, that makes sense 😅 I'll have to start asking around.

Btw, where is this part actually installed? I haven't been able to figure it out myself.