Yup - It happened - I'm once again Activa-ted

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Armidillo
(Donor 2022)

Re: Yup - It happened - I'm once again Activa-ted

Post by Armidillo »

Caught me out on my first Xantia in c. 2008. I knew nothing about hydraulic Citroens, so took a while to twig where all the LHM was going :cry: :roll: . It would have been about 11 years old at the time.

It was suggested to me that the Turbo CT might have caused the engine bay to be hotter than would be the case for a N/A 8 or 16 valve, shortening the life of rubber components.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, the TCT does run very hot in the engine bay!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
yoseff

Post by yoseff »

More weird stuff going on (and available time to deeply look at it has been few)
As i turn off the engine , rear literally falls.
After engine off , rear will slowly rise once again , to fall once again as soon a door is open.
I suspect of rear electrovalve with too much leakage and also suspect some lack of pressure from some rear spheres not helping on sc.mac system...
Any other ideas?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

yoseff wrote: 14 May 2024, 01:46 I suspect of rear electrovalve with too much leakage and also suspect some lack of pressure from some rear spheres not helping on sc.mac system...
Any other ideas?

Indeed yes, a leaky rear electrovalve and/or flat rear corner spheres will cause this.

Electrovalve leakage can be checked by disconnecting its leakage return pipe and using a temporary pipe running into a small glass bottle, see how much LHM flows. It should spurt only when switching between hard and soft modes...

Whilst doing this test, be sure to block off the disconnected pipe for the duration of the test, else a lot of LHM will flow from it!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...