Citroen xantia 1.9td 1999

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SKRAMSTER

Citroen xantia 1.9td 1999

Post by SKRAMSTER »

Can anybody help me my interior lights wont come on when I open the drivers door but they work on every other door ,it also stops my warning buzzer for the external lights being left on when you open the door Ive checked all the fuses they are all ok and the central locking is working fine .If it helps ther are no door plungers that brings the interior lights on.
[:(]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

This definatley sounds like the door post switch thing has broken . Sorry head loss can't remember the proper name for it, but it's the bit of black plastic that sticks out of the door frame. Unscrew and check the earth is clean and the make sure the wiring is ok. If all else fails then don't disppear as they're only a couple of quid from most motor factors.
zanairman
My Cars:

Post by zanairman »

as he said on the later xantias there are no obvious door switches another ecu control system gremlin?
SKRAMSTER

Post by SKRAMSTER »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SKRAMSTER</i>

Can anybody help me my interior lights wont come on when I open the drivers door but they work on every other door ,it also stops my warning buzzer for the external lights being left on when you open the door Ive checked all the fuses they are all ok and the central locking is working fine .If it helps ther are no door plungers that brings the interior lights on.
[:(]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">thanks for your help will check it out and see if Ican sort it out.[8)]
Rich
My Cars:

Post by Rich »

I think the light switches on later Xantia models are inside the door handle/lock assembly. Don't have any more info i'm afraid...
Keep it hydro-Cit![^]
Rich.
Xantia Exclusive HDi.