Clutch Pedal squeak and a strange feeling in the pedal at the end of its course

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ruiacdmartins
My Cars: Citroen C4 Puretech shine 131hp Petrol

Clutch Pedal squeak and a strange feeling in the pedal at the end of its course

Post by ruiacdmartins »

Hi there,
After about half an hour of using my car, the clutch pedal feels as if it has a broken spring, a sensation only felt at the end of its course. Can be a clutch/flywheel issue?. The dealership, on the 3 or 4 occasions I've been there, applied oil and grease, which solved the problem for about a month. Now, after my insistence, they are going to analyze it and have asked me to leave the car there for about 3 days. This problem arose when the car had only 22,000km on it. My personal mechanic installed a new clutch pump, suggesting that the problem could be there or with the clutch itself. The car is a 2021 Citroen C4 Shine PureTech with 131 hp petrol engine. Has anyone had a similar problem, or knows of a way to solve it? Thank you.
PaulC5
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2007 C5 2.2 hdi estate
2019 Peugeot 308 SW 1.5 hdi
2016 Cactus 1.6 hdi
Previous ones 2004 C5 2.2 hdi, 2008/2011/2015 C4s all 1.6 hdi, 2003 C3 1.4 petrol, 2010 C3 1.4 vti petrol, 2005 Xsara Picasso 2.0 hdi

Re: Clutch Pedal squeak and a strange feeling in the pedal at the end of its course

Post by PaulC5 »

I had a squeak on our C5 clutch pedal and it was a spring on the pedal that was rubbing against its bracket. A bit of grease on the contact areas fixed it.
ruiacdmartins

Re: Clutch Pedal squeak and a strange feeling in the pedal at the end of its course

Post by ruiacdmartins »

Hi,
Thank you for your response.
I have applied the same grease and oil formula several times, but it only solves the problem for 1 month, after which it returns.
ruiacdmartins

Post by ruiacdmartins »

As odd as it might sound, and although there seems to be no connection, after changing the car's oil, the noise in the pedal stopped and the sensation I described at the pedal's end of travel disappeared. However, after changing the oil, the timing belt stretched, and was replaced by the dealership at no cost to me. What do you all think about this?