Diesel additive pump fault codes

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cristache39
My Cars: Citroen DS5 2.0 163hp. 12.12

Diesel additive pump fault codes

Post by Cristache39 »

Happy weekend everyone,

After a fault codes scanning with a clone Diagbox 9.91 i said that i want to take a look on Diesel additive pump, maybe i can see the level of Eolys.
Entering in this category and selecting aditive pump suddenly appears Check engine and something with economy mode. Regarding “economy mode” i guess that the battery it’s a bit old or i stayed to much with the contact on.

Scanning again i found on engine management ECU 2 errors: P1435 - Multiplexed additive pump and U1218 - Intersystem CAN.

Should i worry? I found that the 1st fault code may guide you to replace the pump but i never had before this fault codes, i guess that if it was a real problem it should appear earlier. The DPF made his last regeneration 45km ago.

I deleted them and i will go in a ride tomorrow but i said i will ask here until then, now i’m a bit stressed. 😅

Have a nice weekend!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Diesel additive pump fault codes

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not a good idea to check when in economy mode as this may affect the readings if there is a low battery situation.

Remember that the additive level is only estimated - there is no physical sensor to measure the level! So if you are concerned about the level, I suggest you have it topped up in any case and then essential to reset the additive counter. If the counter has been reset without adding fluid, then the warning for estimated low level of the reservoir may not come on if the engine ECU thinks there is more fluid in the tank then there actually is. This can cause dry running of the pump and damage.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Cristache39

Post by Cristache39 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 16 Mar 2024, 22:52 Not a good idea to check when in economy mode as this may affect the readings if there is a low battery situation.

Remember that the additive level is only estimated - there is no physical sensor to measure the level! So if you are concerned about the level, I suggest you have it topped up in any case and then essential to reset the additive counter. If the counter has been reset without adding fluid, then the warning for estimated low level of the reservoir may not come on if the engine ECU thinks there is more fluid in the tank then there actually is. This can cause dry running of the pump and damage.

Good morning Marc,

Ok, i didn’t had a clue that there is no sensor there.
I’m not concerned about the level because after a month of having the car i found in Launch scan tool the fault code “ P0EB0 Additive Reservoir Empty
Fault” and i thought that there is no Eolys additive anymore. Going to service for refilling we found that the level is high so we only reseted the counter.

But yesterday when looking around through Diagbox (so i know what happens to my car, values and so on) it happened what i explain in the 1st post.

So due to “economy mode” those faults codes can appear, right? I hope this is the reason and not a faulty pump. 🙏🏼
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So if you have cleared the fault codes, gone for a drive and later re-scanned the vehicle and are still getting P1435 then you may have an issue, especially if the additive is not being dispensed.

It is important that you follow the 'conditions for fault to clear' info below in the table: As adding 10 litres of fuel should trigger a pump metering event. So I'd first clear the fault (if possible), go for a run to get the engine hot, add at least 10 litres of fuel and go for another run, then check to see if the fault is still there. If it is, then it may mean the pump is not working, so this will impact on particle filter regeneration at some point and clogging.
Fault Code: P1435
Description of Fault: Multiplexed additive pump: Network CAN fault or additive pump fault.

Possibility 1
Multiplexed additive pump fault detected for 6 second

Possibility 2
Fault in communication between the built-in systems interface and the additive pump detected for 6 seconds.

Conditions of activation of the diagnostics: Engine running
Conditions for Fault to clear: The following conditions have to be met:
- Addition of 10 litres of fuel
- Driving with the engine hot for 5 minutes
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
  • Deactivation of the request for regeneration of the particle filter from the diagnostic tool
  • Lighting of the service warning lamp
  • Limitation of performance
  • Switching on of the warning lamp and/or warning message: "SERVICE" warning lamp
Symptoms:
  • Fluid leak / Smells
  • Lack of power
Suspect Areas:
  • Additive pump
  • Connector
  • Electrical harness
  • Soft pouch / Particle filter additive reservoir

Marc
Cristache39

Post by Cristache39 »

Hi Marc,

As always a lot of information from your side, many thanks. I would like to know at least 30% of your knowledge so i can’t come anymore with stupid topics sometimes. 😅

Yesterday I’ve deleted both fault codes and today i drove like 30km, inside and outside the city.
I checked a few minutes ago and thanks God no faults.
I will keep it under monitoring and in case it will appear then i will follow the above procedure shared by you.

Again, thank you a lot! Have a nice day! 🤜🏼🤛🏼
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 17 Mar 2024, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Previous Post Quote
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problems - and not a 'stupid' question, that's why we are here to try and help and in doing so help others with similar problems. :wink:

Marc