New to DS and French Car Ownership

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peppazot
My Cars: 2015 DS5 Blue HDI 180

New to DS and French Car Ownership

Post by Peppazot »

Hello All

Just wanted to introduce myself, i'm new to the group and to French cars full stop. I've recently bought a 2015 DS5 Blue HDI 180 Auto, fell in love with the shape of the car when following one on a dual carriageway in my Merc Coupe #-o I needed something more practical for my kids and to help take my parents places now my dad cannot drive anymore so here I am :mrgreen:

I've already weaned some great information from the forum in the 4 weeks lurking, it's been great reading (And of course not so great depending on the posts). So far in my ownership of 6 weeks i've had a power steering issue and a cracked AdBlue injector issue which fortunately have been covered by the 3 month warranty at the garage i've purchased from, however as that is about to expire I've been thinking about an extended warranty just in case 8-[ Have any of you good folks done this or are they not worth the money bearing in mind a lot of things are not covered?

Also has anyone got any recommendations or advice regarding refurb of the stock alloys as mine need a bit of a touch up at some point? (Pics to follow)

Many thanks in advance and i'll try not to mither too many times with posts :-D

Gary
IMG_7044.jpeg
IMG_7045.jpeg
IMG_7046.jpeg
IMG_7047.jpeg
IMG_7038.jpeg
IMG_7039.jpeg
IMG_7037.jpeg
IMG_7036.jpeg
IMG_7040.jpeg
IMG_7041 (1).jpeg
IMG_7042.jpeg
IMG_7043.jpeg
Last edited by myglaren on 05 Mar 2024, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: New to DS and French Car Ownership

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome

I deleted some of your images as they were duplicates of several.

As far as warranty goes, it's down to what it covers at the end of the day, so have a good read of the small print and check what they cover - especially the emissions control systems. Adblue Urea tank and pump assemblies are not cheap, and will cost anywhere from £800 to £1000 if it needs to be replaced. So may be worth considering a 12 month warranty for some peace of mind for the first year of ownership.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Peppazot

Post by Peppazot »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 10:54 Hi and welcome

I deleted some of your images as they were duplicates of several.

As far as warranty goes, it's down to what it covers at the end of the day, so have a good read of the small print and check what they cover - especially the emissions control systems. Adblue Urea tank and pump assemblies are not cheap, and will cost anywhere from £800 to £1000 if it needs to be replaced. So may be worth considering a 12 month warranty for some peace of mind for the first year of ownership.
Thanks Marc, Yes i'll look into the warranty in specific detail as i know in a lot of cases they dont cover the Urea or air conditioning systems :shock: Not worth paying it if the big stuff isn't covered
TallPaul73
My Cars: 2017 DS Ds5 2.0hdi (150)

Post by TallPaul73 »

When my dealer warranty expired i contacted warrantywise.
. I paid £828 payable over 12 months however that warranty was for 24 month with 2 extra months free. So basically 26 months warranty. It covers everything including DPF and EGR systems. The only thing it doesnt cover is the infotainment system which is no biggie to me.
Well worth giving them a shout
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Adblue tanks should be covered as they are not deemed 'service' items like a clutch or suspension parts etc. It probably won't cover NOx sensors as they will have to be changed at some time, but the actual UREA tank should be covered. It will , of course, be down to the warranty company and I suspect a decent year warranty will come in at about £400-500 if it's like my recent Citroen renewal that I politely declined.

Marc
Peppazot

Post by Peppazot »

TallPaul73 wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 14:36 When my dealer warranty expired i contacted warrantywise.
. I paid £828 payable over 12 months however that warranty was for 24 month with 2 extra months free. So basically 26 months warranty. It covers everything including DPF and EGR systems. The only thing it doesnt cover is the infotainment system which is no biggie to me.
Well worth giving them a shout
That's great advice buddy, thanks for that i'll check it out at work in a bit :)
Peppazot

Post by Peppazot »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 14:39 Adblue tanks should be covered as they are not deemed 'service' items like a clutch or suspension parts etc. It probably won't cover NOx sensors as they will have to be changed at some time, but the actual UREA tank should be covered. It will , of course, be down to the warranty company and I suspect a decent year warranty will come in at about £400-500 if it's like my recent Citroen renewal that I politely declined.
Thanks Marc, Ill definitely look into the small print when obtaining quotes as it's not worth it otherwise :?
PaulC5
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2007 C5 2.2 hdi estate
2019 Peugeot 308 SW 1.5 hdi
2016 Cactus 1.6 hdi
Previous ones 2004 C5 2.2 hdi, 2008/2011/2015 C4s all 1.6 hdi, 2003 C3 1.4 petrol, 2010 C3 1.4 vti petrol, 2005 Xsara Picasso 2.0 hdi

Post by PaulC5 »

Definitely worth reading the small print including servicing needs. We had a warranty for a Saab 9-5 20 years ago and in the small print I had to pay for parts to be dismantled to prove they had a covered fault and if not covered I would then have to pay for the repair/putting back together. There were signs the turbo was failing and with these costs it was not worth trying to claim and when it did fail 6 months later the warranty had expired. It would also not always cover full parts costs so when the steering rack failed they would only pay for a reconditioned one so in the end I paid the difference for a new one and also for new track rod ends.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Regarding Citroen warranty, normally you pay for a diagnostic to determine if there is a problem (otherwise people would be bringing their cars in for every little minor non-issue), but if there is found to be an problem covered by warranty, reasonable standard diagnostic charges will be covered and all labour of course.

Marc