HELP! Xantia Fuel Pump Removal.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jaguar306
My Cars:

HELP! Xantia Fuel Pump Removal.

Post by jaguar306 »

I have a contaminated fuel tank and wish to drain the system and clean the fuel pump. I believe the only way to do this is via the fuel pump access cover under the rear seat. How do you remove the pump from the tank? Please help as knackered without my Beloved Xantia.
John
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

You need to get under the rear seat. Prise out the plastic cover from the floor. Disconnect the electric connector from the pump and tie a string to it before it disappears. Mark the hoses and disconnect them. Make a note of the alignment marks and screw out the locking ring. You need to use a tool that will fit behind the notches on each side. With the ring screwed out, lift the pump assembly out of the tank. There's an 'o' ring underneath.
jaguar306
My Cars:

Post by jaguar306 »

Thanks John for confirming my thoughts, Anyone know where I can get the tool that fits the Locking ring around the pump?
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

I'm guessing that you have petrol in diesel, i may be wrong.......is it a HDI engine? If it is then you should have a pump combined with fuel gauge in the tank. You may feel confident to energise the pump in the tank and pull off a fuel pipe under the bonnet to evacuate the fuel that way. You can energise the pump under the bonnet by overiding the double relay and go directly to the pump. (I presuming you have a HDI and basic wiring diagram!) Not much use if you don't but its a thought!