DS5 with gearbox/clutch issues

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Buz
My Cars: Renault 5tl Le car 1984
DS5 1.6 e HDi Airdream Dstyle EGS6

DS5 with gearbox/clutch issues

Post by Buz »

Hello everyone. I’ve recently acquired a 2014 DS5 1.6 eHDi EGS6 with a drive issue. Basically it feels like the clutch is slipping. It will change through the gears ( I’ve gone from 1st to 3rd ) and there are no warning lights. When you take your foot off the brake the car does not creep forward and if you are on a hill , it rolls back. When you put it in first , it will go forward at very low revs , but as soon as you apply more accelerator , the revs just rise. When it changes gear the revs drop as it changes and then rise again . I do realise that I need to get some diagnostics kit even just to check the hydraulic fluid level . I was hoping to buy some from Easy Diagnostics , which , after reading through lots of posts looked to be a safe option , but unfortunately they have nothing in at the moment. Looking at other options is a minefield. Currently the only windows software I have is a Linx tablet running windows 10 64bit.
If anyone has any thoughts I would be very grateful. Thanks again
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: DS5 with gearbox/clutch issues

Post by RichardW »

Sounds like it 'just' needs a new clutch.
Richard W
Buz

Post by Buz »

Hi Richard. Thanks for your reply. I agree , and I think the mechanical side of it is the easier part. I’ve found a complete clutch kit with DMF for around £400 which I think is good value ( either LUK or Valeo ) . The car has done 120,000 and and research says clutches last around 60,000 so the math is there . The hardest part I think is sourcing a good cable kit and software. There are too many kits on offer that are sub standard .
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Easy Diagnostics is the usual go to recommendation, and there is a forum discount - however, AIUI there is a new interface due, and supply of the old one has run out at present.
Richard W
Buz

Post by Buz »

Evening. The latest update from Jim at Easy Diagnostics , is that he is hoping they will be in on 25th February. I think I’m going to wait until then and see what happens. Fingers crossed
Buz

Post by Buz »

Evening. I have pre ordered the new interface from Jim at Easydiagnostics today. I’m so glad that I waited . Purchasing from him was easy and the promise of ongoing support is reassuring. Exciting times . Now have to pull my finger out though when it arrives !
Buz

Post by Buz »

Afternoon. So I received my new interface from Jim at EasyDiagnostics yesterday , and this morning I decided to connect to the car and give it a go. So there were a few old faults on the global test that I noted down and then cleared ( minor things like lightbulbs etc ) , some in the Engine management ECU that I will post elsewhere about , and two in the gearbox ECU that are P1830 and P1739. These are Engine speed coherance fault and gearbox input speed signal fault respectively , which seem probable with a slipping clutch . Ran through the clutch activation test and gear selection test and they are all ok. When I depressurised the hydraulics , it performed the action but said it had detected a problem but I don’t know what that is. Clutch re pressurised ok and bled , tried driving it but still the same . So I’m pretty sure it needs a new clutch , which is where I started , but now just better informed ……I think ! . The new interface from EasyDiagnostics worked like a dream and a big Thank you to Jim for his help with the IT side.