P2562

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

toolfan
Donor 2024

Re: P2562

Post by toolfan »

"When you say you checked the wires from ecu, do you mean just visually?"

I located the wires. (Also thanks to the help of this forum, got a wiring plan). Then I tested them for resistance and did not find a problem. For how I understand the system, if you don't have enough current / pulses to the solenoid, it remains closed, no vacuum on the actuator, hence no turbo pressure. What I further see, is that the signal wire to the ECU is negative, so it is "mass-steered". The positve wire does not go to the ECU, it goes via many other items to the PSF1 "fuse box" near the battery.

Here you shoud find the wiring plan of the engine room. viewtopic.php?t=80640
toolfan
Donor 2024

Post by toolfan »

I checked the wires for resistance. Thanks to the forum, I got a wiring plan. viewtopic.php?t=80640

The solenoid is regulated by a negative wire from the ECU. The plus wire goes over all sorts of item to the BSF1 in the engine room. So if there is no signal, the solenoid remains closed, no vacuum applied to the turbo actuator - no turbo or low pressure.
careca

Post by careca »

New development.
I swapped the solenoid with the other one that i had bought recently, that controls the butterfly valve, under the alternator, so called egr valve, that controls the butterfly valve in the intake.
That made it work perfectly. This one: https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ysparts/18319097
The reference is different, from the turbo one, and i assumed they were not interchangeable.
Something happened that i can't explain yet, maybe the site messed up references, maybe the valve itself became defective. This was the one i bought for the turbo, that failed:https://www.autodoc.co.uk/era/15097701

Anyway, there is one test you can do to check you have the correct valve to control the turbo:
Use a manual vaccuum pump and apply some vaccuum in the vac port, the valve should NOT hold any vaccuum, in the resting position, vaccuum should fall gradually without any input or action, does yours work this way? Just give it some pumps and watch it fall.

Basically the valve i ended up using and that works, is the one they say is the "YSPARTS PCV030 EGR Valve", the one in the first link.
Why they call it EGR valve is beyond me, but this may be your issue, maybe you have the wrong valve or something. Try swapping them out, if lexia shows the "copy" value similar to setting, you're good.
Let me know what you find out!
PS: when it works ok, the turbo copy value should follow the setting value, as it shows in the picture.
Attachments
2024-01-16-12-03-58-270.jpg
2024-01-16-12-03-48-611.jpg
2024-01-16-12-02-20-652.jpg
2024-01-16-11-49-25-290.jpg
toolfan
Donor 2024

Post by toolfan »

Very interesting hints, thanks for the details! I will try to check these. I am wondering about the square black plastic part your valves showing. Mine dont have these, but a tube going to a little air filter. On the valve this tube is marked with "atmtosph" or similar.
Anyway, I will get out the "new" valve and check it as you describe it. Might take some time, some other work to do.. ;) But I'll report back.
careca

Post by careca »

The little black box is the filter, essentially the same as yours.
careca

Post by careca »

Hi, any news on your car? @toolfan
toolfan
Donor 2024

Post by toolfan »

Hi, I purchased another solenoid, should match exactly may car also by the "orga-number". This is the number printed just above the VIN number on the front driver door post. But did not have time to install it. Daily workload too high. But I'll try soon.
How is your car doing so far??
careca

Post by careca »

Hey, it's pulling strong! thanks. Never failed again. Let us know when you fit it, how it does.
toolfan
Donor 2024

Post by toolfan »

Finally got turbo pressure again. I changed the "old" solenoid (6 month old) with a new one, different brand (metzger). I tested the two valves as you proposed with the hand vacum pump: In fact, the new valve did not hold the vacum (on the work bench, not connected), as you said. The old valve did not let any vacum trough. Thanks for that note, brought me on the right track!
Car feels like new!
careca

Post by careca »

Thanks for the update! Glad you got it sorted out! :D