No heat from my side

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

darklordmick
My Cars: Ds7 prestige

No heat from my side

Post by darklordmick »

Hi all, got a ds7
Noticed that I’m getting no heat from any of my vents on drivers side only cold

Passenger side is pumping out hot no issues
Turned mono on and off
Makes no difference
Any ideas
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: No heat from my side

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Possibly a blocked heater matrix, or a faulty / broken air distribution flap motor / flap control.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
DS9
Donor 2024
My Cars: DS Automobiles - DS9 performance Line + 1.6 225hp Petrol

Re: No heat from my side

Post by DS9 »

I have the same problem on my DS9. I don't know for how long as I picked the car up in August and only noticed it when it started to get cold in November.

Playing around with it I did notice that if i press the full blast button (max fan speed and noisy) I can get heat through the drivers side, turn it down a notch and then it's ok too..... but if i then turn the fan down too low it reverts to cold.

One compromise i found was setting to 28 degrees on both sides and just having middle ventilation. Then i close the vent closest the door and only the middle dash one is blowing. Then I tilt this away from me and the passenger side which is hot towards me. A big pfaff i know.

I mentioned it to the DS dealer when he called just before xmas to try and book me in. Didn't have time to see him pre xmas, so booked for jan and now there's a tube strike next wk so had to rebook that. As we have a weeks holiday in mid feb they arent seeing me till the 21st Feb.

So much for the DS concierge claims etc....my guy is all but uncontactable. No direct number or email address, and when i go through to central switchboard and ask to speak to him the line rings is not answered and goes dead. Wastes a lot of my time.