Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Oops, I did it again...

Post by xantia_v6 »

Sorry for the brief outage this morning when this forum was replaced by an old image of the BXC forum...

I saved a test file to the wrong place on the server.

Some people just cant be trusted with with a file editor.
Armidillo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 605 V6 SII
406 D9 SV
Xantia SX wagon SII
Xantia Activa TCT (unregistered)

Re: Oops, I did it again...

Post by Armidillo »

I did see it this morning, and wondered what I had accidentally clicked on! Selected "Active Topics" from a drop-down menu, and all was back to normal, so no biggie :).
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

xantia_v6 wrote: 12 Dec 2023, 07:36 Sorry for the brief outage this morning when this forum was replaced by an old image of the BXC forum...

I saved a test file to the wrong place on the server.

Some people just cant be trusted with with a file editor.
Or other people make changes when they were told it was safe to do so, but it wasn't.

I used to look after the tills at Royal Ascot. A new member of staff (at the client head office) was told to update the prices for The Birdcage Bar, ready for when it went active. He had been told that his profile would only affect that particular bar. He made the changes, and applied them. At that moment several bars had their prices change (jumping by quite a margin). A senior manager wanted this guy fired, because of all of the problems this had caused. The man in charge of the EPoS systems on site did some checking, and found that the new guys' profile allowed him full access to The Birdcage section, and not JUST The Birdcage Bar. This meant that, when the prices were updated, about a dozen bars were affected.

The EPoS manager tried to explain what had happened to the senior manager, but he was adamant that the new guy was fired. Finally the EPoS manager responded with "If he is fired for doing his job, and was not responsible for the error that occurred, I will leave the company, making it clear why I am leaving!". Nobody left the company, and the senior manager was educated about what user profiles did, and why it was important they should be configured correctly.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Steve Walsh
Donor 2024
My Cars: C5 Aircross 2021 VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Kawasaki ZR1100 1994
C4 Hatchback
Yamaha XVS650A 2001

Post by Steve Walsh »

Thought it was my computer getting lost. No worries, Thanx for all your hard work keeping this forum the best on the web. And all the mods, admin and contributors.
Thanx to Marc and all the admins & knowledgeable people that make this the best forum on the interweb. =D> =D> =D>
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Mike I had a brief dalliance with the BX Club as well this morning but no problem. My only concern is that as these things tend to happen in threes, don't do any work on your brakes today! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

This server was commissioned before I had everything tested and ready, so I am having to do configuration on the live server which I would normally do while it is offline.

For example, although the SSL certificates are currently valid, the script for automatically renewing them is not working, and I need to sort that out before I forget about it.