Howdy from the Hexagone

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Howdy from the Hexagone

Post by CitroJim »

Nunthewiser wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 09:48has panoramic glass roof!
My Picasso has one of those and was instrumental in me choosing that particular one. They are magical :D Like driving a greenhouse and perfect for me as I'm a little claustrophobic and feel it in some modern cars with dark interiors...

It makes the car feel very airy and spacious... Just remember to draw the blinds across it on a hot sunny day or the interior will reach several million degrees C!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Nunthewiser
My Cars: Citroen DS19 boite mechanique (reminisce) but soon another Citroen or other Frenchie

Post by Nunthewiser »

Wouldn't work in Florida. You would burn up like an art under a magnifying glass there. I don't think there was ever an American car with anything quite so exposed. We have glass sunroofs and I think Studebaker made a station wagon (estate/break) back in the 60s that was kafl glass.
Nunthewiser
My Cars: Citroen DS19 boite mechanique (reminisce) but soon another Citroen or other Frenchie

Post by Nunthewiser »

Well, looks like I've done it. I put a deposit on a 2011 Peugeot 207 Hdi 1.6 (16 valve 90 hp). Going to pay for it later today. It just barely made Euro 5 (by 10 days) has 190km at 5,900 euros. Pretty outrageous price in my mind, but I'm new in France and I have no place or tools to work on a car at present. This is bought from a garagiste with a good reputation and a year warranty. It looks pretty nice- a red respray- SWMBO's favorite color. I would have preferred more of a beater.

I think this will be a transitional car that we just need to be able to get out and look for a new place to live- hopefully with a functional garage and a place to work on cars a bit.