Citroen C8 fluid help please.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C8 fluid help please.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Adblue has nothing to do with the particle filter system Ryan. It is a separate system on later vehicles to treat the NOx emissions.

Later vehicles have 2 separate systems, a DPF for the particulate matter and come with or without an additive system (that uses a form of Eolys) depending on engine, whilst the SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) system uses the UREA Adblue which is injected into the catalytic converter to treat the NOx.

As to your question, this is for a C8 and depending on the year, engine etc. may or may not have the plug detect harness. Similarly, this was at the time when they moved from having the separate additive ECU to the function over to solely Engine ECU to manage.

The VIN may show both systems, because of the changeover period and vehicles may have had one system or the other.

C8s were too early for the SCR system.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

Okay, thx for the info. Roughly on a C8 what year and engine did this change happen?
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't tell you that unfortunately but usually requires inspection but this is the DW10BTED4 engine that was used on multiple vehicles up to about 2009 / 2010. MK II C5s also had separate additive ECUs (MARWAL systems - Magneti Marelli) which often failed when resetting the Eolys additive counter.

My 2009 X7 that has the DW10BTED4 engine has the plug detect harness, but not the separate ECU.

But they have done away with it on later vehicles.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

Once again, thx for your insight and knowledge on this subject, it's very much a grey area for us C8 drivers
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.