xantia keypad malfunction

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

compartvr

xantia keypad malfunction

Post by compartvr »

My Xantia keypad appears to be malfunctioniong. I press in the code but it doesn't give the longer beep after the correct code is entered, but it does activate the green light. The car will not start. I have tried entering a new code which it appears to accept but still no joy. Is it possible to bypass or any guesses on the price of repair/replacement. I'm too scared of the possible costs to ring the dreaded dealer at the moment :)
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

I doubt bypassing on any model is really possile. Certainly on my Dad's TD they had to pull the fuel pump to bits to remove the keypad.
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Have you checked all the fuses?
Have you checked the fuel pump cut off switch under the bonnet? ( Yes some diesels have do have these fitted )
Does the Xantia have those nasty big round connectors behind the passenger side headlight? If yes, Undo them & clean & check the terminals ( disconnect battery first ) but make sure you have radio code & shut down the alarm system.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Seem to remember something about disconnecting the battery and leaving for a couple of hours? Have a search for immobiliser.
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

have you checked the multi plug under the bonnet, on the drivers side (rh), where the wing goes in?, mine had a problem like this after lots of help topics, found out that this multi plug was soaked in water, pulled it upwards to get it apart, dried it all off, then wd40'd it, back together, all fine.