engine management light on zx 16v

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goose
My Cars:

engine management light on zx 16v

Post by goose »

my evil friend the engine management light has come back to haunt me!!
drove the car today at lunch time normally parked it up didnt ****about with it or anything ... gets back in the car to drive home and the warning lite starts to flicker then goes solid! if u turn the engine off and back on it will flicker then go solid agen!! im gonna see if we got the correct adaptor in work so i can do a dianostics tommorow but does anyone have any ideas on what it normally indicates??? i did notice a worn wire caseing on wat looks like the air flow meter but ive taped them up to stop them shorting and it still does it!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cassop
My Cars:

Post by cassop »

Sorry i cant help you with the above, but i am writing to you if you maybe able to help concerning a problem with my C5.
I was driving up the M1 Durham when my Engine auto diagnosis (engine block light) come on, i was then restricted to 30,000 RPM (revse).
One thing i should mention is 2days before this happening i just had it put though its first MOT, but before i took it on that day i went to check the air filter, and on doing that i broke a sensor next to the air filter box which connected to a large diameter pipe going to the air con condensor (radiator), but this did not have any effect on it passing the MOT and making the light come on in the first place.
I would be very greatfull if you could come-up with any clues to what it maybe.
If i find any useful information on your Citroen I will pass it on to you.
Yours malcolm
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

My money is on a coil pack...
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

30,000 rpm? wish i was restricted to that lol!!!
as for the coil pack, one of mine gave up recently but the ecu light didnt come on, search for "zx 16v misfire after 10 minutes" or something, so cant really help. If its still running fine ignore, the zx 16v is just a stupid farce of sensors and rubbish that are not needed, give me the old 1.9 ally lump any day!
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

Might that be the Rolls Royce 501 turbine engine conversion you have there? Just spooling up at 30000rpm I suppose.