CX Turbo 2 - Pointers?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philhoward

Post by philhoward »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

I doubt Shane would mess in on this - he's too far away - down under [:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Probably worth shipping it over for spares!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Tom may well get ignited on this [8D]
He's also chasing it, but has let me have first dabs on it. DO I want it because I do, or because I want to beat Tom to it (sorry, Tom...you'll have second dabs!)?
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Excuse me for sounding a bit 'anoraky'...
What size engine,4/6 cly,power,
tyres,how big are they,£184!!
Maikonics what now??
Always thought they were a good looking car,rare.Just interested to learn more really.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

4 cly i see
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

4 cylinder, 2.5 litre; 160/168 bhp (depending on who you ask) standard. Maikonics was THE tuner for CX Turbo's; their (his) mods took them to around 210bhp, normally. They also did the full package; Cosworth-based clutch, HUGE intercoolers, etc...
The tyres are 210/55 390 Metric "Safety" tyres (won't come off the rim during a blow out, apparently). Only Michelin (IIRC) make them, and I think they were only fitted to CX Turbo's and some BMW
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Now i know,thanks Phil.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by philhoward</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

I doubt Shane would mess in on this - he's too far away - down under [:D]
Probably worth shipping it over for spares!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Tom may well get ignited on this [8D]
He's also chasing it, but has let me have first dabs on it. DO I want it because I do, or because I want to beat Tom to it (sorry, Tom...you'll have second dabs!)?
<font size="3"><font face="Arial Black">Stop stuffing around and buy the bloody thing wllya!!</font id="Arial Black"></font id="size3">
Do like I do; buy 'em and then worry about what it's all going to cost, after all, when did you ever buy one that was exactly as you thought it was when you inspected it?
Those TRX wheels & tyres are the bane of everyones life, they also had them on the Renault Feugo as well and they have the same problems with them.
Shane has a set of I think it was Audi compatible wheels on his which eliminate the use for the expensive tyres although they tell me if you drive with those metric tyres on the car, it's hard to go back to anything less. To me, the cost of the tyres or the cost of a viable alternative would be the only issue to cause me to procrastinate.
Alan S
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

You guys are worried about the price of tires ???
God damn, that bloody thing would have been parked in my shed within hours of it being advertised. Please deliver it to me [V]
You can get 98 x 5 stud paterns wheels on several cars, sh!t even fit bloody standard 14" to it if $$$ is an object in the short term (though with 210hp I think you'll be able to light the 14"ers up in 3rd [}:)] ).
Why isn't this car in Australia [:(]
LCD displays ?? That's a 30minute fix, you just pull them apart, clean all the connecters on the LCD peices and re-assemble. As for spheres & suspension bearings etc... I'd budget on doing them regardless. After all this car IS a keeper, why would you sell once you have it sorted [:o)]
seeya,
Shane L.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

If only I had a shed, Shane...hence the need to get rid of one of the others first. AAAAAAARGH!
It'll probably be the BX which i'd want to go first (although not sure why), but having slept on it, I still want the car...let the negotiations begin, starting with that MoT!
Has anyone got a stash of CX trim bits around anywhere???
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by philhoward</i>

If only I had a shed, Shane...hence the need to get rid of one of the others first. AAAAAAARGH!
It'll probably be the BX which i'd want to go first (although not sure why), but having slept on it, I still want the car...let the negotiations begin, starting with that MoT!
Has anyone got a stash of CX trim bits around anywhere???
You could ask "Graham" on the Q & A CitroenZ board as I think he has a long association with CXs.
Alan S
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

For anyone else who fancies one, there's a Turbo 2 on ebay; currently about £40 which has a rusty sunroof surround and has had a small smack to the r/h rear quarter; doesn't look to bad, although it'll never be perfect. Item 2482441239