Towing with Cit's again...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Towing with Cit's again...

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Guys,
I was just flicking through one of my old mans new Caravaning magazines. Remember how I've previously said people out here would think your bloody crazy to tow a caravan with a BX ??
Well apparantly they had heard what a brilliant car that Citroen makes as a tow car (after all it invariably wins nearly every towcar of the year award over there). They get a new small pop top caravan (about 1000kgs), and a brand new C5 HDi Turbo deisel expecting to be impressed.
They canned it, reckoned the car was guttles (I should write in "Guys it is ONLY 2litres"), they hated the automatic gearbox, that would alway pick the wrong gear, in 'manual mode' they reckon it's the worse gearbox they have ever used. They also criticized the way the C5 'jiggled' in the back or something wierd. There only concession at the end of the road test was they calculated the fuel economy including there 'test' tow route and a weeks commuting to work with the C5. Hows just over 8l /100km grab you [:0] [:0] I'd be bloody happy to get that WITHOUT anything swinging off my towbar !!
seeya,
Shane L.