Citroen disappointment

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Might I suggest a Volvo 244 estate? Big, comfy, and a whole lot better put together................probably a much more sensible way to spend £400.00, which is, lets face it, bottom of the market banger money. the only downside is ,however, its not a Citroen!!!! (or is that a plus-point?[}:)])
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Come on bodger, you cannot be serious surely?!
Volvo 240 is nowhere near the car the BX is, *extremely* thirsty, sluggish and tank-like to drive, yes it is bigger, but then the competing car would be the CX, which is also in a rather different league to the Volvo!
Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

I love the old 245 VolvoSaurus.
However; far far far too thirsy; & doesn't handle as well as the BX (RWD)
Most have over a zillion miles on the clock, and come with optional labrador hairs / teeth marks on the back seat, and the contents of a builder's wheelbarrow in the back.
However, engines & body last for ever (post 1979 cars); but again, they are very old technology; none came with ABS, aerodynamics etc.
The plan is to maintain the BX well until I am vertually having to repair it every weekend. I will replace it with either:
Xantia 110 HDI estate
XM TD estate
Volvo 850/V70 2.5 Tdi (old VW lump, quite quick & well proven - & likes veggie oil!!)
If I can afford to run it, I would one of the last Volvo 960 (or V90) 3.0 and gas the bugger!!
Oh yes, I am 23 & love pissin' off teenagers in Corsas/Novas etc etc. I.e. Big diesel tank can out accelerate you, ha ha ha!!!!
Oh, just blown up my Dolomite so rebuilding an engine in the back of my BX. Adjustible suspension is great for taking it in / out! Pass the spanner!