HELP, citroen extended warranty team rejected our claimour claim

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Re: HELPPPPPPP, citroen extended warranty team rejected our claim

Post by Jay-Bruce »

Second letter:

Subject: Request for Intervention and Arbitration - Warranty Claim Dispute

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to seek your intervention and request arbitration regarding a warranty claim dispute with Car Care Plan.

Referring to my previous correspondence with Car Care Plan, as detailed in my letter dated [Date], I have encountered repeated refusals to honor my valid warranty claim for the broken timing chain on my Citroen Berlingo Van [Registration number]. Despite providing substantial evidence and supporting documents, the company continues to deny my claim, leaving me with unresolved financial and vehicular distress.

To summarize the situation briefly, I purchased the Citroen Berlingo Van in April 2021, which was still covered by the original manufacturer's warranty until August 2022. In June 2022, I had the vehicle serviced in advance at Robins & Day / Stellantis Chiswick using a voucher I possessed. Unfortunately, an administrative error prevented me from obtaining a conventional invoice, which the warranty company is now using as grounds to reject my claim.

However, I have provided internal invoicing from the dealership, clearly indicating that the next service is due in the future, disproving their claim of inadequate servicing. Additionally, the manufacturer, Citroen/Stellantis, has expressed their willingness to cover 80% of the repair costs, further weakening the warranty company's argument of negligence on my part.

Considering the impasse reached with Car Care Plan and the significant financial burden I am facing, I kindly request your assistance in arbitrating this dispute. I believe that your expertise and impartial judgment will help facilitate a fair resolution in this matter.

Enclosed with this letter, you will find copies of all relevant documentation, including my previous correspondence with the warranty company, invoices from the dealership, and any other pertinent records.

I sincerely hope that The Motor Ombudsman can review this case promptly and provide the necessary guidance and support to bring about a fair resolution. I have exhausted all possible avenues for resolution with the warranty company and firmly believe that an independent assessment is crucial to ensuring a just outcome.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I eagerly await your prompt response and guidance on the next steps to initiate the arbitration process.

Yours faithfully,

[Your Name]
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

negligent lack of maintenance precipitated the timing chain failure, thanks a lot for addressing this in short and precise words I wasn't able to conclude... I will try again and hopefully there will be some good news. thank you so much for the help, from last email seems like the case handler is not prepared to say anything more..

"Our assessor has advised us after reviewing all the new information, according to the information we have, you purchased the vehicle in March 2021 and had the following service performed in June 2022, so it was 3 months overdue. We have no service history prior to June 2022, and it is the customer's responsibility to ensure the vehicle is maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's service schedule."

After reviewing your further comments, no new information has come to light that would affect my judgement, on the issues presented, thus I must stick with our earlier response from the complaint. We have no more comments and are satisfied with our final response.

If you remain unhappy, I can only suggest you refer to your escalation rights which were provided in our final response to you.

Jay-Bruce wrote: 26 May 2023, 00:51
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

Goodwill from manufacturer? I'd say 80% repair contribution is goodwill. Failure of a 125,000 mile service item (timing chain) failed at ~39,000 mile? Aye OK
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

app页面-270523.png
just downloaded the Citroen app and obviously there is no service carried out at all until now even though they say it is done( Dealer definitely messed us up), I complained to Stellantis &You but no response at all.

It is clearly their negligence and dereliction of duty that led to failure of engine. A very obvious and with evidence that the main dealer has caused the consequence yet they refuse to solve it.

I understand that they are trying to give me pressure to give in and walk away or kick me away, but this is so wrong and unfair of what they done and put us through.

Same with warranty company too, who is not taking up their liability either. Absolute nightmare :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jay-Bruce wrote: 26 May 2023, 02:25 Image

Goodwill from manufacturer? I'd say 80% repair contribution is goodwill. Failure of a 125,000 mile service item (timing chain) failed at ~39,000 mile? Aye OK
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

just downloaded the Citroen app and obviously there is no service carried out at all until now even though they say it is done( Dealer definitely messed us up), I complained to Stellantis &You but no response at all.

It is clearly their negligence and dereliction of duty that led to failure of engine. A very obvious and with evidence that the main dealer has caused the consequence yet they refuse to solve it.

I understand that they are trying to give me pressure to give in and walk away or kick me away, but this is so wrong and unfair of what they done and put us through.

Same with warranty company too, who is not taking up their liability either. Absolute nightmare :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I asked for service receipt before warranty taken out they didn't respond, but when warranty was purchased I thought they would have already checked with the dealer already. I asked for the service receipts again now because they even confirmed that there is another one in March 2023, but he failure of engine is caused by the missed service that they ought to have carry out. :cry: :cry:
101.jpg
GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 May 2023, 09:59
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: HELP, citroen extended warranty team rejected our claim

Post by GiveMeABreak »

yingxue2022 wrote: 27 May 2023, 11:43 .... I complained to Stellantis & You but no response at all.
Please note that when you keep referring to "you" (as above, concerning complaining to us) we are not related to Stallantis (Citroen) in any way. We are an independent Forum, run by volunteers on behalf of its members as a means of sharing experiences and helping others. So I just wanted to ensure you understand that we have nothing to do with Citroen apart from our shared interest in their vehicles.

Jay has very kindly provided some letters for you that you can use in your complaint, so I think you have to make a decision now as how you take this forward, as I don't think there's much more we can do here at this point. Do keep us informed of progress though. :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Re: HELP, citroen extended warranty team rejected our claim

Post by yingxue2022 »

Hi Sir, I am so sorry no I understand this is a forum and I really appreciate the help from everyone and your advise.

by Stellantis & you ( this is the name the dealer is called now) I meant Robin and DAY ( that was dealer previous name), I am sorry if the inconvenience or misunderstanding has been caused. I don't know where the donation page is, but I would be happy to donate for the great help I got from the forum. once again thank you for your help, I will keep trying before they can proved that I have to pay..... :( :( :( If I have to pay, then I will want at least to obtain the service receipts that they said they had carried out.
GiveMeABreak wrote: 27 May 2023, 11:54
yingxue2022 wrote: 27 May 2023, 11:43 .... I complained to Stellantis & You but no response at all.
Please note that when you keep referring to "you" (as above, concerning complaining to us) we are not related to Stallantis (Citroen) in any way. We are an independent Forum, run by volunteers on behalf of its members as a means of sharing experiences and helping others. So I just wanted to ensure you understand that we have nothing to do with Citroen apart from our shared interest in their vehicles.

Jay has very kindly provided some letters for you that you can use in your complaint, so I think you have to make a decision now as how you take this forward, as I don't think there's much more we can do here at this point. Do keep us informed of progress though. :wink:
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Re: HELP, citroen extended warranty team rejected our claimour claim

Post by Jay-Bruce »

@Marc - I'd taken and reference to Stellantis & You as referring to the dealer network https://www.stellantisandyou.co.uk/

@Xing Yue - Nice to know you understand "the forum" is just a bunch of enthusiasts and appreciate the help we are trying to give you. If you're serious about making a donation, the page is here: donate
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

Jay-Bruce wrote: 27 May 2023, 14:01 @Marc - I'd taken and reference to Stellantis & You as referring to the dealer network https://www.stellantisandyou.co.uk/

@Xing Yue - Nice to know you understand "the forum" is just a bunch of enthusiasts and appreciate the help we are trying to give you. If you're serious about making a donation, the page is here: donate
hi sir, thanks for this. yes it is Robin and Day new name. I have made donation and do again if I can get a satisfying result from this fight...
many thanks again for your patience and assistance
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

@marc@jay hi sirs, I am thinking to send a small court claim but do you know who I should ask the money from in this scnerio? Shall I send to Car care plan ltd or the dealer? any advice will be really appreciated again, thanks for your help
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

Your dispute is with the Car Care Plan company, so it is them that you need to take to court, however, you NEED to follow this sequence:
1. Formal complaint to Car Care Plan - Done ? - did you send the first letter I drafte? What did they say?
2. Request intervention from The Motor Ombudsman - Still to do
3. Small Claims Court action against Car Care Plan - not time to do this yet.

AFIK, you still haven't received the formal reply from Car Care Plan yet? If you have or when you do, and if the answer is they aren't paying up, then you need to go to The Motor Ombudsman, the letter for starting that process is already drafted in this thread, please use it when the time comes, please send us copies of the reply from The Motor Ombudsman.
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

I understand that car care plan should be taking up the 20% liability that they ought to, however I definitely feal dealer isnt doing their job well either ( now they have refused to send service receipt or record as I think it plays essential part in my claim). If they could provide the receipt or record then they can say they have nothing to do with this perhaps, but if they can't provide this then the vehicle damage is definitely caused by them. So I may claim the 20% from them perhaps?

No responce from directors either that I have sent emails too. Dealer now even refuse to replay emails.
It is really excruciating to win this... Someone told me that berlingo after 2018 is not reliable any way, so maybe I should just pay to fix and sell. Seems like it is a best solution for me now. It is really painful and such as shame because the little van was otherwise perfect and fits our purpose, if not messed up by dealer.

this is reply from car care plan ltd:
We have advised you previously that we maintain our final response, no new information has come to light that would affect my judgement on the issues raised and therefore, I must maintain our initial response. There are no further comments to make and we are satisfied with our final response.

If you remain unhappy, please refer to your escalation rights which were provided in our final response to you.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay-Bruce wrote: 30 May 2023, 01:22 Your dispute is with the Car Care Plan company, so it is them that you need to take to court, however, you NEED to follow this sequence:
1. Formal complaint to Car Care Plan - Done ? - did you send the first letter I drafte? What did they say?

AFIK, you still haven't received the formal reply from Car Care Plan yet? If you have or when you do, and if the answer is they aren't paying up, then you need to go to The Motor Ombudsman, the letter for starting that process is already drafted in this thread, please use it when the time comes, please send us copies of the reply from The Motor Ombudsman.
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

They have refused many times and I think they are confident since there is indeed service receipt or record missing ( dealer refuse to provide or can not provide due to admin error).

So it is basically our luck to be blamed for this, as no party is willing to take up their responbility now.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Jay-Bruce wrote: 30 May 2023, 01:22 Your dispute is with the Car Care Plan company, so it is them that you need to take to court, however, you NEED to follow this sequence:

Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

Lady, I've already been over this a lot of times, it's simple, given the response from Car Care Plan limited, your next move is step two, send the second letter I drafted for you to The Motor Ombudsman.

I really wouldn't suggest taking a dealer to court, as you have no evidence against them. The same evidence you'd need to win in court against the dealer would be the same evidence we'd use to force Car Care Plan to pay their goddamned 20% and fix your car. Since we don't have evidence to force Car Care Plan to do anything, what makes you think we could do anything against the dealer? The same dealer who is being generous and willing to cover 80% of your repair costs...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@yingxue2022: I suggest you just follow the guidance and use the letters Jay has generously prepared for you. There's nothing else realistically to be done other than that which has already been suggested.

We understand you are not happy from your previous experiences and have been messed about with, but you really need to draw a line under that and start being positive and forward looking now in order to try and get a resolution.

Get the letter sent off (1) 'Formal complaint to Car Care Plan' and then let us know when you get a response from that.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc