RNEG2 (RT6) problem with buttons after update

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

BrayanLDZ
My Cars: Citroen C4 B7 , Citroen C5 X7 , Citroen DS3

RNEG2 (RT6) problem with buttons after update

Post by BrayanLDZ »

Hello
I have a problem with the RT6 radio in Citroen C4 B7 (2013) after updating to version 2.86b.
The sd card was damaged and could not be read. I set up a new card but soft 2.21 or any other did not want to get in except for version 2.86b. radio buttons not working properly after update. you can't enter the settings, e.g. it is supposedly possible to replace the config file and improve the operation of the buttons. Has anyone dealt with this and can help me?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RNEG2 (RT6) problem with buttons after update

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, it's because the configuration has defaulted back to factory defaults and will likely need a dealer to update the configuration from their servers as Diagbox most likely will not be able to do this (secure mode).

This is what can happen if you are unable to backup the user / vehicle configuration data from the RT6 before upgrading or replacing the Operating System. V2.86 is a major version update and can do this depending on the original firmware you had before the upgrade.

You may find some help on the Mirascripts website (make sure you only look for RT6 versions of any files), but I can't help you with this as as it can't be configured manually via Diagbox.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
BrayanLDZ

Post by BrayanLDZ »

unfortunately, mirascript is unable to get my buttons back to working. despite changing the configuration of the buttons in mirascript, the radio does not return to normal operation. VMF/VCCF - steering wheel type setting (0 = like C3/DS3/407, 1 = C4 , 3 = seems to be DS5/508 CAN2010) none of these options restore button functionality. I understand that only teletransmission remains?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That is my understanding. A dealer with an account will connect to the servers and perform configuration via internet (as if it was a new system) and the BSI will get updated with the correct settings and equipment fitted to your vehicle.

The only other thing I can suggest is try to go at it a different way. In Diagbox, instead of going into the RT6 ECU from the Global test, try going in under Customer options or similar. This is used when a new accessory is installed. I have heard (although not attempted or seen this) that installing hte RT6 from this menu may allow some configuration. But I can't attest to this personally.

Marc
BrayanLDZ

Post by BrayanLDZ »

Hello. trying to change the radio by retrofitting the vehicle, I can choose to install the RD5 radio or uninstall the RD5 radio, there is nothing about RT6. I bought a token in a citroen box, however, when I try to teletransmit, it throws error 413. Does anyone know what this error is? alternatively, is replacing the user_config files able to change the operation of the buttons? and one more question. how can mirascript help me with buttons?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You haven't said what Head Unit you have originally and what you are trying to replace it with.
Mirascripts can't change button functions.
Your VIN will help me understand what you have already (please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff).

Marc
BrayanLDZ

Post by BrayanLDZ »

Vin: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
I don't want to change the radio, only after uploading the Polish language via mirascript, the radio buttons do not work properly. uploaded new soft 2.86 and further radio buttons work badly. by clicking the setup button I turn on the TA radio functions or turn it off. so as I wrote above, I bought a teletransmission token and it gives me error 413 when I try to teletransmit.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I was confused when you mentioned RD5, which has nothing to do with the RT6 - that's the alternative standard Head Unit fitted if no telematics unit is installed, so should not be touched.

As you know by now, V2.86 is a major Firmware update and depending on your original firmware version can have these issues after an upgrade when you have not been able to backup and then restore the user data files.

I can't advise you on the 413 error - it may be something to do with your clone VCI interface that it doesn't like or something - you could try contact or emailing them with the error. Are you using their official version of Diagbox that you are supposed to download first? It may not like any other version.

Failing that my advice has always been to get the dealer to telecode the RT6 as if it was a new unit being fitted. These go into secure mode when they reset, so can be very difficult to configure after this update.

Marc
BrayanLDZ

Post by BrayanLDZ »

I downloaded the software from the citroen box after buying the token. I don't think I will do anything myself, rather the service will remain.
Tomas M
My Cars: Peugeot 5008 2013

Post by Tomas M »

I recently updated system to 2.86 from CD as I have had black screen and radio unit cd reader noice.
The update was successful but don’t have some configuration…Like switch km to miles and so on…
I have backed up all files from previous sd card I took out and uploaded on formated USB…Do I just insert it to isb port in the car and it will read all the files and upload it onto new sd card and that configuration should be back???Or is it not that straight forward????
Thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@Tomas M:

You need to read the tutorial regarding restoration of the user files, especially the Part A and Part B of the Mirascript sections:

viewtopic.php?t=63227

Marc