Citroen C5 X7 rockers- a blizzard might have killed them

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Re: Citroen C5 X7 rockers- a blizzard might have killed them

Post by Stickyfinger »

still waiting for tools and parts, it takes a lot of time and patience to get things delivered up here in the Arctic

NP, take your time...
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

Yes you can check by valve position either, to see if it's where it should be. But first check your rockers before getting a carried away. As someone previously said the rockers break to save the valves. If the rockers are in tact chances are the valves are ok. I thought you had said rockers were broken. It's not much better in rural Ireland 😂. Just take your time as sticky said and don't go any deeper than you have to. It's easy to go down rabbit holes with these cars.
Darren
APro
Donor 2023

Post by APro »

Extractor tool finally arrived, unfortunately it's the wrong one. I picked this one on autodoc because it explicitly stated for DW10 coded engines but apparently not mine. Does anyone have any hint on the tool required for the job? (or any alternative to get those injectors out)
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

Have you got any pics of the top of the injectors
Darren
APro
Donor 2023

Post by APro »

I managed to remove 3 bit the fourth is very stuck, a blow hammer didn't help muc (probably moved it half a millimetre)
APro
Donor 2023

Post by APro »

darbuck wrote: 08 May 2023, 20:36 Have you got any pics of the top of the injectors
1.jpg
2.jpg
kantica

Post by kantica »

If I see it correctly you still have timing belt and chain on it. Bolt the chain tensioner on, wind injector holding nuts to the half and crank the car (with additional power supply / battery). See if compression is enoug for injector to be pushed / fly out...
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

They are Delphi injectors, I had to get a hydraulic puller for mine you will need a hydraulic portable power aswell. This my experience so far. viewtopic.php?t=73967

Link for one I bought recently

Just to be clear I ended up pulling the engine to pull the injectors because of insufficient clearance of the bulk head and one of mine snapped so I am now looking at pulling the head.

.https://www.ebay.ie/itm/404008177747?ha ... BMtt3JxoBi
Darren
APro
Donor 2023

Post by APro »

darbuck wrote: 10 May 2023, 07:52 They are Delphi injectors, I had to get a hydraulic puller for mine you will need a hydraulic portable power aswell. This my experience so far. viewtopic.php?t=73967

Link for one I bought recently

Just to be clear I ended up pulling the engine to pull the injectors because of insufficient clearance of the bulk head and one of mine snapped so I am now looking at pulling the head.

.https://www.ebay.ie/itm/404008177747?ha ... BMtt3JxoBi
This is dire. Sadly I might be close to give up if the injector doesn't come off by the end of this week
APro
Donor 2023

Post by APro »

kantica wrote: 09 May 2023, 17:23 If I see it correctly you still have timing belt and chain on it. Bolt the chain tensioner on, wind injector holding nuts to the half and crank the car (with additional power supply / battery). See if compression is enoug for injector to be pushed / fly out...
Thanks for suggesting this but (un?)fortunately I managed to pull the injector out for about 1mm. The cilinder is not tight anymore
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

If you got it moving just keep at it spray WD40 or similar and let it sit overnight and then try again with slide hammer
Darren
APro
Donor 2023

Post by APro »

Instead of improving things are getting worse. I still haven't managed to remove the last injector - I was thinking to get a pneumatic extractor like this one:
https://www.lincos.it/i_8583_pnevmatski ... iemens-jbm

The problem now is that Diagbox can't communicate with the car anymore. Diagbox froze, had to terminate the program through Windows task manager and now when I connect the VCI to the OBD port Diagbox won't recognize the VIN number automatically and if I enter it manually the program is unable to set communication with any unit. When I start the fault reading a warning message shows up telling me it was not possible to read the ignition switch position. VCI led is on and blinks when connected to laptop. Windows recognizes the USB device.
This happened as consequence of me trying to level the suspensions by depressurize the system through Diagbox. The last time the engine run the car was on an awkward slope so the left side was higher than the right. Had no success with the actuator tests since for some reasons it only raised the left side and not the right. While on the heigth reference page Diagbox froze forcing me to force a restart.

Did I kill the BSI and ECU? Or is this a problem with the VCI?
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

Try doing a bsi reset, the air hammers aren't as effective as the hydraulic puller.
Darren
APro
Donor 2023

Post by APro »

darbuck wrote: 12 May 2023, 21:42 Try doing a bsi reset, the air hammers aren't as effective as the hydraulic puller.
I tried without success. was checking this post
viewtopic.php?t=57824&start=15
I could read only 9.8 volts at the OBD pins (4-16) and the battery reads 12.0V (with the infamous Economy Mode active)
I'm charging the battery and also reinstalling Diagbox to see if it might help.
darbuck
Donor 2023

Post by darbuck »

It sounds like the battery is low the charge should allow a diagnostic session
Darren