wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by r_306_XSi</i>

Can I just aska geeky question (having been in the electronics industry for 10 years!) - does anyone know if the multiplex wiring described in this topic is also known as CAN Bus?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
very similar except on citroens it is known as a Bi CAN/VAN system as it uses a CAN and VAN (vehicle area network).
basicly there are lots if ECU's connected together by the BUS,the info gets passed around the bus to the ecu's then the ecu will switch a component on/off,pass the info on or display the info.
on modern cars there can be more than 18 ECU's
r_306_XSi
My Cars:

Post by r_306_XSi »

Thanks Wheeler - nearly had to write a CAN Bus controller from scratch - but then luckily changed jobs!!
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Piece of cake- most of the data is available FOC from Microchip and it can't be hard to read a code off it.
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

I read this post, and had to take my hat off.
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

So how easy or difficult is it going to be in the future for those of us doing our own electrics? I can cope with present day electrics - fortunately my Xantia doesn't have any ECU - the joys of an older car

Martin
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
John Plum
My Cars:

where there is a need..

Post by John Plum »

Lets GO CRAZY!

There's always a way, and people to share the knowledge I tell myself.
It's hard to get you're head round, especially when you drive for a purpose, and in quick time. That's why I like to find a car I can stick with. I need a car with big boot, a car to cart, like a cart.

Old cars, true vintage would be fine for me, but they are expensive to buy, and heavy and thirsty.
An old Citroen Van (HD2? is that the model) would be great. I don't even care much about the top speed.
Then again, a vintage car which toes, would be fine, but again thirsty cars, and collectors' items.

Perhaps we should go into production and sell what we need: intermediate tech, putting xud's into a custom carriage that lasts and lasts, and made of healthy materials..... light and strong wood like ash poles. How about a cart which can be pulled by an XUD diesel for long fast jpourney's, then unhitched and pulled by a horse? The comfort of a completely sealed environment wouldn't be required, for people who couldn't care less about the weather as they wear wax raincoats, and breathe the fresh air.; A rickshaw hood to pull over or even right down. A box carriage for those who want one, and tar to seal it. A Simple heater. A whisky cabinet as well. The horse bites intruders - no need for an alarm, and the horse knows it's way home, no need for a routemaster or map. There's more...

E.g. trains should revert to the days when you could have your car put a flatbed wagon...take scare of long distance, for our 1 HP citroen.
2 horsepower citroens for people who like power.

What? Do I gear a snigger?

OK I'll build a trike then in metal, that would pass. No, it has to be a trap driven thing, like in Spartacus.. built for speed and manouvarability.

Seriously, if anyone want to get together to set up a business and flaunt an alternative that works.. we can easliy find a billionaire who's out for laugh to flaunt our vehicle, and gypsy caravaners would quickly take it up, ..perhaps some of the Morgan set, the eco warriors , and the followers, of fashions. If, not I'll call Charles the Prince: he always answers letters to him. we don't need to join the Youth Trust, just a good example.

So, the XUD , on ONE Wheel, harnesses to the trap. The trap could carry as much as an estate and more.

I only just thought of this now, though I was a long time all weather brit motorcyclist and love trikes.

Now, for cornering, the rear axle....

:!:
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual