DPF & Brick Acid Question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doo
(Donor 2022)

Re: DPF & Brick Acid Question

Post by Doo »

I was using my (new) Autel MaxiPro (which is really VERY good) as I was finding it MUCH easier than the 100 year old laptop with it's requirement for mains electric and all that nonsense.

It was super quick to find the 100% ash issue & the front left ABS sensor issue (which is intermittent) so I can't fault it.

It took me a few goes at cleaning the orange crud, including the use of the high pressure washer set at 70 Celcius then 30 Celcius then cold, after the brick acid bath (several times also).

It's now clean and drip drying so hopefully be refitted tomorrow.

Should I try the DiagBox (it's not as if I have to run miles of leccy cables :-D ) tomorrow? I don't know. I just want all the BS fixed so I can concentrate on the Range Rover (who's test runs out at midnight) and my bike (who's test ran out a month ago :spineyes: ).

I just need a minute to myself :roll:
Has anyone seen the plot? :?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ditto ^, which is why I never mentioned it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Doo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Doo »

Well, I cleaned the holy sh*t out of it and put it back together. Half way through sticking it together, a neighbour happened along with a poorly mower. I got it fixed and waited for him to come back.

Finished the build, then took on the ABS issue... and that's where the s**t hit the fan :cry:

The screw would NOT come out. Ended up removing the hub and smashing out the old ABS sensor, then the damn bolt head broke off trying to remove it, so drilling it out and junior made me jump, snapping the bit (yes it was in the pillar drill, but it was precariously balanced). Remembered I had a Dremmel type tool and small metal cutting heads, so dealt with that. Tapped the threads back in and found a bolt to fit. Cleaned up the sensor bed and fitted the new one. Installed the hub & all that that involves. Tested it and...... SUCESS!!! ABS problem cured, but warning on dash with the legend Engine Problem (or whatever). I knew I heard a funny noise #-o

I have a leak at the joint between the DPF & the DOC so guess what "I'm" doing tomorrow :roll:

The gasket ring didn't look very worthy anyway, so here we go again ](*,)
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

ABS sensor mounting invariably seems to be a standard formula: take sensor that generally lasts a decade, make sensor from weak plastic. Select rather small mild steel fixing, e.g. M6, and screw tightly into place. Bonus points for use of Allen head and/or placing it where non-existent access to even obliterate the failed one with the angle grinder!

But ultimately you did overcome it! :-D
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Ive used the DAM key on an Autel it worked, first i used the spray down the sensor method and a 45 min blast 2500 rpm on the motorway all codes gone after .
Husky. :?
Doo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Doo »

Huskyxantia wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 09:40 Ive used the DAM key on an Autel it worked, first i used the spray down the sensor method and a 45 min blast 2500 rpm on the motorway all codes gone after .
A DAM key?! Isn't he a singer :?

Ahh, no! That's Adamski :lol:

I'm still getting to grips with my Autel. Please can you explain DAM key?

Thanks 8-[
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Wonder where he is now ? Dam , its on door post sticker 4 digit number along with other numbers to the string but its just the first 4 numbers , date & manufacture key, code, its French i mean 15mm nuts instead of 14mm lol.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

As i recall a drop down box asks for the code .
Last edited by Huskyxantia on 20 Apr 2023, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Doo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Doo »

Huskyxantia wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 12:01 its French i mean 15mm nuts instead of 14mm lol.
:lol:
Doo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Doo »

Well.... The repair was easier than I'd hoped :-D

When neighbour came back for his mower, he caught me tightening circlips & my ass forgot one.

Five seconds to fix, 200 years (felt like) erase fault codes.

I still can't seem to get the overcharge of Eolys fluid sorted... However, Autel showed me I still have a good bit left 8-)
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Doo wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 23:02he caught me tightening circlips
Euphemism of the day! :-D

Glad to hear sorted, nice to have an easy fix, even if turns out to be correction of your own errors (obviously it wasn't your error, it was Mr Lawnmower disrupting the master at work!)
Doo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Doo »

MattBLancs wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 07:15
Doo wrote: 20 Apr 2023, 23:02he caught me tightening circlips
Euphemism of the day! :-D

Glad to hear sorted, nice to have an easy fix, even if turns out to be correction of your own errors (obviously it wasn't your error, it was Mr Lawnmower disrupting the master at work!)
Yes, I agree. Bad workman blames the tool :rofl2: