Screen and RT3 radio fault comunication

This is the RT3 unit and was made by Magneti Marelli
The RT3 was available in a few different hardware versions, the later ones supporting MP3 playback. These units had an optical connection to the Display Screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

engavi
My Cars: Peugeot 807

Screen and RT3 radio fault comunication

Post by engavi »

Hello.

I have an 2004 Peugeot 807 ,2.2 JTD with two clocks and large central screen and for a month ago has been giving me headaches.

It all started with a problem that erroneously displayed the autonomy of kms on the screen. After a while the screen went black.

Now when I start the vehicle the screen is black, but when I try to turn it on from the RT3 radio, it turns on for a few seconds, with the logo and data background, and a text appears on the screen saying that the screen cannot be displayed due to an internal error of the vehicle. vehicle.

After entering Diagbox 7.57 and seeing that there is no communication with the Radio RT3 or screen, I see that it indicates a "defect" of the BSI. I suspect it but even though I have visited workshops and even official dealers, they are not clear about it, and at some dealership they proposed to change the screen and RT3 radio, a real lump for nothing, I suppose. I don't think it is either of the two, since the screen is activated for a few seconds when the radio is turned on with that message, then I rule out that it is a screen or a fiber optic connector.

I am looking for a way to replace the BSI (1499704080) installed and here I have a question. The idea is to buy one with the same numbering in scrap cars and take it to cars programming companies. Some tell me that they clone it with mine but this BSI cannot clone all data and after cloning, it would be necessary to do a manual remote coding with diagbox of all the calculators present in the vehicle and re-code keys. On the other hand, another workshop tells me that it copies it with all the complete data, and it would be to connect and that's it.

Does anyone know how it works exactly when they clone BSI in this unit?

Could there be something else that causes this failure in RT3 Radio and screen communication?

Thank you for any contribution you give me.

Best regards
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 07 Feb 2023, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to RT3 Telematics Section
aspire_helen
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.2HDi Exc SE 2001

Re: Screen and RT3 radio fault comunication

Post by aspire_helen »

I cannot say for the 807, but a common fault with similar vintage C5s and 607s is with the 22SY451 ECU which integrates numerous inputs (from the BSI, engine ECU and driver selections) and generates the display pages (the BSI and screen are not the problem). These include the audio controls, trip computers, GPS, temperature display, warnings and alert messages - they all feed into the 22SY451. Symptoms of failure are typically blank screen or interference on the picture. Also, remote controls for the radio, CD player etc (eg on the steering column) may stop working. If the C5 and 607 use it, perhaps the 807 does also...or something similar.