Android unit to replace RNEG

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

dubnation30
My Cars: Peugeot 407

Android unit to replace RNEG

Post by dubnation30 »

Hello everyone.

I have posted a similar thread in other forum, but unfortunately there is not many information about it.

I have a Peugeot 407 from 2009-2010, the restyling version. The car has a RNEG MyWay unit from factory like this:

As most of you know, the GPS stopped working some years ago and lately the radio signal is very weak. Apart from that, the only way to play music is by using a CD-rom :? So I am considering to install a 1 Din Android unit from Aliexpress. The installation doesn't look very complicated apart from fitting all the wires.

But my main concern is the can bus compatibility with the steering and clima controls. From what I have seen in the reviews, there is a Factory settings option to tell the unit which model of car you have and then it should work. Anyone has made this operation with RNEG unit and does it work well or there are other steps to be considered like reprogramming the BSI?

Many thanks in advance!
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Re: Android unit to replace RNEG

Post by Ross_K »

As others have discovered, it's almost impossible for people on the forum to provide advice on Android units from AliExpress.

Support documentation from the seller is usually non-existent or badly-written. No two units are alike.

You might find a YouTube tutorial for the specific unit you want to buy...if you're lucky.
ImageImage
Cit fan 151
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2012 C5 Citroen 3.0L HDI

Re: Android unit to replace RNEG

Post by Cit fan 151 »

I purchased a Joying unit earlier this year and have not been able to get it working properly, despite upgrading firmware a number of times. Support (and documentation) for the product is poor.