DS5 no ignition key not detected

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 no ignition key not detected

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should be able to get in the vehicle using the backup key stored in the fob. The alarm may sound, but inserting the fob in the key reader slot and pressing the stop start button should stop it. This would allow you to put the gear selector in neutral for towing. The parking brake can be released with the ignition on by putting foot on the brake and raising and releasing the parking brake control. However if they are going to fit it at home then fair enough, however they may need an internet connection to initialise it via their servers.... so check with them.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Lbrisc1950

Post by Lbrisc1950 »

Marc, there is no ignition, that's the problem the fob works to open the doors and turn off the alarm, but when I try and start it nothing happens it just comes up on the screen press the brake pedal and start button to start, but when I do that nothing no ignition. Len.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

OK, but have you tried to just put the ignition on?

To do that with keyless starting, you just put the fob in the reader and press the start stop button without pressing the brake pedal. That should just turn the ignition on, which should be all you need to release the parking brake.

Marc
Lbrisc1950

Post by Lbrisc1950 »

Yep, tried all that Marc, when the problem first started if I pressed it a couple of times, sometimes the ignition would come on and then you could start the car as normal. Other times it would maybe take five -fifteen mins to get it to come on and start the car. but now nothing, when it did start everything worked on the car and it drove perfect. Thanks Len.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries, just wanted to exhaust the available options, but looks like the Hands Free ECU is on the fritz.

Marc
Lbrisc1950

Post by Lbrisc1950 »

The only code that was detected on the main dealer diagnostic check was protection management unit, and to be fair they did mention that could be the problem before the check. Len.
Lbrisc1950

Post by Lbrisc1950 »

Update on ds5 got Citroen uk customer services involved (part still not arrived) not main dealers fault, a friend of the family gave me a number of a retired mechanic, nothing to lose so I rang him explained the problem, handbrake on trans in park and no ignition. He chuckled and said, if I don't get the car started you don't pay me. He arrived today in a Citroen c5, explained everything again and gave him the fob. by the time I returned with the coffee, the car was running. took the car for a five mile run, no problems. This guy really knew his stuff when no one else could help me, not even the main dealers. £40 a bargain. Thanks Len.
Lbrisc1950

Post by Lbrisc1950 »

Update on the Ds5 issue, part has arrived at the main dealer, being fitted on the 19th Jan. one thing I have noticed on this is if I leave the car unlocked, it will start first time, with no issues. Is it possible the protection management unit is effecting the alarm Marc? I have no idea on this. I just hope when the PMU is fitted it will ok. It does seem that these PMUs give some trouble judging by the amount that are sold, and problems people have with them on the net. Thanks Len.
Lbrisc1950

Post by Lbrisc1950 »

Update on ds5 issue, had the new pmu fitted everything all good, back on the road. Main dealer could not give me a date when they would have the part, after two months on order. Sourced it on the net myself and had it fitted, the company had eight and they were all sold in a week. Hope this post may help others on the forum.
Also a big thanks to Marc for trying to help with the trans/parking brake. Cheers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Thanks for updating the thread, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, I've been a little tied up.

Great news that it's working again, may I suggest that if you do recommend the specific garage who fitted it, that you do a quick post in the Recommended Garages and Services with the specific speciality and their address / contact details?

That would be really helpful to others with DS5s with this issue.:wink:

Marc