Error light dynamic citroen c6 problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Disaster189

Re: Error light dynamic citroen c6 problem

Post by Disaster189 »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
01 May 2022, 14:44
Assuming the motor inside the headlamp has not failed, then in the event that the directional function is disabled, it would maintain the height correction function - again as I indicated above: "only the headlamp dynamic height adjustment remains active" - which is the vertical up and down movement to prevent blinding of oncoming traffic.
I really don't understand what you're saying but the vertical height slider doesn't really work at the moment
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok in simpler terms, if the system detects a fault with either headlamp and in this example above with the ballast, then it means the headlamp goes into backup mode (refuge) where it will maintain the up and down movement (if possible) but will deactivate the left and right directional functionality.

This assumes the motor has not failed entirely and is able to move up and down.
Disaster189

Post by Disaster189 »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
01 May 2022, 21:19
Ok in simpler terms, if the system detects a fault with either headlamp and in this example above with the ballast, then it means the headlamp goes into backup mode (refuge) where it will maintain the up and down movement (if possible) but will deactivate the left and right directional functionality.

This assumes the motor has not failed entirely and is able to move up and down.

Thank you very much for your help and advice. Really the best thing would be to get a complete left headlight and test it to see if the fault is in the headlight or outside of it, but if it wasn't a problem with the headlight it would be a very expensive and unnecessary investment. I'll keep looking into the problem and see if I can get a headlight last.