'16 Cactus - 1.6 HDi - P20EE / Urea Light Flashing (and more...a bit long, sorry)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Re: '16 Cactus - 1.6 HDi - P20EE / Urea Light Flashing (and more...a bit long, sorry)

Post by admiral51 »

Idle thought but as it was the first time you have added diesel since the AdBlue tank was replaced could it be a case of the system self adjusting itself if a fault code was still stored even after being cleared until fuel added?
Similar to Abs fault that would stay lit until being driven over a certain speed even once cleared and parts replaced.

Colin
thetapeworm
Donor 2024
My Cars: '16 Citroen Cactus BlueHDi 100

Re: '16 Cactus - 1.6 HDi - P20EE / Urea Light Flashing (and more...a bit long, sorry)

Post by thetapeworm »

Could well be, I've started the car about 4 times and driven 100 miles or so and it hasn't come on again so might just have been an odd blip.

I feel like I shoukd maybe log it with them just so it's on record now rather than leaving it but then just see what happens.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, I would certainly do that, so they have record of it and do soon after replacement too,
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
thetapeworm
Donor 2024
My Cars: '16 Citroen Cactus BlueHDi 100

Post by thetapeworm »

Still going :)

So the "Engine fault" when putting diesel in went away as mentioned a couple of weeks ago, it's been really hectic and I forgot to call the dealer to discuss it. Then last night I popped £20 in again and the same happened.

Switched car off and on, it popped up again. Repeated, no warning and nothing since - pretty much the same as happened last time.

I called the dealer this morning, explained the symptoms, told them it didn't do this prior to the Adblue tank being replaced etc and they said they would need the car in, would run diagnostics and if it was related to the work carried out it would be covered under warranty but if not it's £144 plus whatever it costs to fix. I don't want to give them £144 and I'm pretty sure, based on how they've been to date, that's the way it'll go.

In my eyes it's the EOLYS system throwing this up giving the timing of it when I've refuelled but I may be way out, I can just see them saying it's not Adblue tank related though.

So what do you do? Like I said it didn't do this before they replaced the tank, it does now. Unlucky coincidence? Something they might have caused?

Live with it and get on with my life but fill up with diesel in advance if I ever trade it in?

Buy Diagbox and a Lexia 3 (I think that's right?) and do the diagnostics myself instead of paying them for the same?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'd also need a laptop and oodles of patience on top of the kit costs.

Have a look at our list of members who have offered Lexia / Peugeot Planet / Diagbox Diagnostics help if you haven't already seen it - link below:

At the end of the list is a link to a Google Map, showing the geographic locations of members and details. Just use the Private Message or Email links on the member's profile to contact anyone suitable.

List of Lexia / Diagbox Owners with Kits Offering Help

Bear in mind, although we update the list as often as we can, not all members are active on the Forum all the time, so it may take a while for a reply.

You could well be correct in that it may be a separate issue to do with the DPF system. The DPF system is separate and not related to the SCR system. If you are getting the warning up after adding fuel, the fault could well be to do with the additive pump not being able to dose the fuel tank after fuel has been added. Calculations are made once it detects fuel has been added and measures fuel quantity when the engine has stopped and again after it is started. If it detects fuel has been added, it calculates the volume and doses the tank accordingly.

If the additive pump is faulty or the tank is empty it will trigger a fault - for which you will need a proper code reader to obtain the codes. Normally if the DPF additive tank is getting low, there will be a warning telling you that the additive level is low and needs topping up. The issue is that the DPF additive tank does not physically measure the additive remaining by any mechanical or electrical float. It is purely calculated from the amount added at factory and the amount injected over the miles.

So if the additive pump has run dry or there is a fault / wrong additive being used, the pump may not be operating properly which may be causing a fault. Either way a diagnostic is unavoidable to be honest.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc