1.6 hdi dispatch no crank

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

markt1
My Cars:

Re: 1.6 hdi dispatch no crank

Post by markt1 »

I changed everything got it started but alas no revs again got P0069 code I did have a throttle open code now cleared not returning.
Had enough time for a new van.
Dispatch owner going grey.
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

I wandered outside with my reader and a bat to slap the van....now I have P0122 P1350 P1351 P2111 P2142.....I'm going to check some wiring tomorrow myself, Anyone got any pointers regards my codes upon searching egr-throttle actuator-preheat circuit-dpf-throttle position sensor.....where to start cheers.
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

Does anyone know the pin out voltages on the throttle body please or have a schematic.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Whats your VIN or reg?
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

Hello Marc
VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Thanks.
I've checked all connectors and had the air box out and the connector on the pressure rail sensor today was all nice and clean and good as that was a problem last year due to a leak.
Air filter ok no silly blockages anywhere in trucking.
I've not replaced fuel filter because the original fault was no crank and it was changed last year.....when it did go other than stalling it went like a train.
Regards the throttle body I've got 5v on one pin and 12 when pedal depressed on another,so some power and pedal detection is happening......I've removed the throttle housing, butterfly free and it was closing and opens when you switched the ignition off.
It starts If I leave the throttle body disconnected but if I connect the body up it struggles starting and runs rough and smokes like it's on woodbine's.
I think may as well chance a new or breakers body for nothing Marc.
After trying a full ecu kit from the same van in a scrappers that drove in with a knocking engine I'm convinced my old ecu and modules are fine.
But the lack of revs (dead pedal) is baffling me as the last time it was on the road when it managed to start it drove 10 miles before I had to limp home.
Regards Mark
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Does the throttle open by itself when you try to rev it when the engine is running?
Dont know how clear the diagram will be.
Attachments
diagram.jpg
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

Thanks for the diagram I'll get my lad to print it off and I'll get back on it tomorrow...problem is when the body is fitted even if I pull intercooler pipe off the pipe from the body bends down at a angle so I can not see up to see the flap.....I'd say no action is happening at all but when it stalls that little rubber hose between body and inlet sucks right in telling me that flap must be closed when it stalls.
I can pick up a body tomorrow so that's what I'm doing for the sake of £20.
Thanks for the help Marc.....this vans only done 70k engines spot on and body work mint etc it's a shame to sell it on for spares and the price of replacing it is making me spew.
I can't be far off from saving this van and it's annoying to be honest, theirs nothing much on auto trader or market place/ebay they've all been to the moon and back or bloody sheds....it's mind boggling the state of some people's offerings for 8 grand.
Rant over ready for another day of playing at being a mechanic, I'd rather be painting cars to be honest that's why I left my uncle's garage years ago :-D
Thanks.
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

That's it I've given up folks I shall be selling for spares or repair.
The vans mint and I have no time to keep messing unfortunately being in business and I'm not earning.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Mark
markt1
My Cars:

Post by markt1 »

I pick my newer van up in the next few days a 16 plate expert, my old van is in the for sale section sadly.