Citroen and Peugeot Parts Requests

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen and Peugeot Parts Requests

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, 185414 is the right Anti Torque Link, no dimensions and the part you mention (185424) is not listed anywhere for any model. It may of been an older correspondence part, but is no longer coming up as valid anywhere.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Actually - I've just checked against Peugeot and the only vehicle that had that reference 185424 was an old Peugeot Partner van with the DW10TD engine. Here, item (1) - but of course no longer available. But normally if the part number is different then there is likely to be a difference somewhere - otherwise they use the same internal parts reference.
Roth Mount partner.PNG
Rhothgar
(Donor 2020)

Post by Rhothgar »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 15:40
Actually - I've just checked against Peugeot and the only vehicle that had that reference 185424 was an old Peugeot Partner van with the DW10TD engine. Here, item (1) - but of course no longer available. But normally if the part number is different then there is likely to be a difference somewhere - otherwise they use the same internal parts reference.
Thanks for clarification. I have asked seller for measurement between hole centrelines and distance between the bush retaining arms of engine block mount.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well hopefully there will be a marginal difference and as it's just a mount some flexibility one would hope!
KennyW
Donor 2022

Post by KennyW »

Thanks for the reply Marc, just FYI my engine under shield is nothing like that ! I was interested in item no 5 driver's side. Yesterday, driving during the heavy rain found a pot hole in O/S lane ,completed covered by water, struck no 5 and it was loose, flapping around.Temp fix with a cable tie.

Kenny

PS Got under the car and found what ever had struck the car had caused 5 of the plastic fixings to pop out. I had 3 left from the repair of the front to rear suspension pipe. Put them on and it is much better waiting on more to arrive and complete the task.
Last edited by KennyW on 02 Jan 2022, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Perhaps the damage has warped it - or it has been replaced with a cheap one from somewhere else previously? Some of these aftermarket ones are truly horrendous and nothing like the original in shape or quality. Not surprising when you see the price for an original one. The one shown on the diagram is for your VIN Kenny.

Item (5)
7013LN for the Left, £219.29
7013LM for the Right, £169.01

Inclusive prices as of today from Citroen.
Donor 2021

Post by 407 »

Hi Marc

On the petrol 3.0 407 VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] I suspect the ball joint in the passenger side wishbone is knackered - just looks bad but unable to induce any movement under load

When I stop I can get it to judder a few centimeters as if something is loose.

All the other bushes / joints look okay, as do the brakes

what the part number of the wishbone (both side) and is the joint available seperetely to press in ?

regards
Attachments
driver side wishbone joint
driver side wishbone joint
passenger side wishbone  joint
passenger side wishbone joint
KennyW
Donor 2022

Post by KennyW »

You can get the individual rubber bushes for the wishbone but your one will require a press or something similar to remove and replace.

The rear bush can be done without a press but must be pushed on at the right position to give the correct height between the arm and the center of the lower susp'n arm bush.

The details are in resources.

kenny Pivot fitting.PNG
kenny Pivot fitting.PNG (55.53 KiB) Viewed 119 times
X = 58 +/- 5mm

Kenny
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

407 wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 02:36
Hi Marc

On the petrol 3.0 407 VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] I suspect the ball joint in the passenger side wishbone is knackered - just looks bad but unable to induce any movement under load

When I stop I can get it to judder a few centimeters as if something is loose.

All the other bushes / joints look okay, as do the brakes

what the part number of the wishbone (both side) and is the joint available seperetely to press in ?

regards
EEA7CEB9-B101-4AB0-9390-0928BE054A5B.jpeg
Part 3523AQ price £23.30 same for both sides.
wesacosa
Donor 2021

Post by wesacosa »

Hi All
I was wondering if someone could please post the exploded diagram of the ABS ECU and the ABS block for a 1997 XM (Teves ABS) so I can see what fixings hold the ECU to the block
Thanks
Wes
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@ Wes:

There are 2 versions and you could have either:- Bendix or Teves. Both are different as you can see. This is for your VIN ending 804.
Bendix AssemblyTeves Assembly
XM Bendix ABS Block.PNG
XM Teves ABS Block.PNG
wesacosa
Donor 2021

Post by wesacosa »

Hi Marc. Thanks. I have the Teves so should be the one on the right. Seems its just two bolts and the wire plug to get it off the ABS block, but I wonder if the bracket (bolts 70 and 71) have to come out before it can be removed from the block

Wes
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

My recollection is that there are bosses on the block which protrude into the electronics module (not shown on that diagram) , and these could be a tight fit, but I think that it is just the two screws to remove. I may be thinking of the later Teves Mk20 system fitted to later XMs.
wesacosa
Donor 2021

Post by wesacosa »

I did try and look at a photo of the back of the module ( I could only find a Xantia one) but I couldnt see any recesses where a boss may go, but perhaps the XM does. I suspect if its anything like the rest of the car it will be fiddly to get off :)
Huskyxantia
Donor 2021

Post by Huskyxantia »

Hi marc,
Im thinking of doing the rear axle on my 206cc , would changing the bushes do or would it for the sake of speed and it having to come off , be best to get a refurbished one ?

If possible could i have an exploded view of the rear axle and all part numbers possible also the complete rear brake set up aswell , looks like spring will be busy time for me if i go either way with the rebuild.
Thanks again ..