09 C5 Wipers not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philip sowerby
My Cars: 09 c5 2.2 exlusive tourer

Re: 09 C5 Wipers not working

Post by philip sowerby »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 May 2021, 09:00 I can only put it down to one of the wiper motors (the master wiper motor controls the other motor) failing or the engine fuse box. There is a relay (R5) in the engine fuse box (internal only so not replaceable).

I wouldn't waste your money on a third party garage for this sort of thing, because they may not be able to interrogate the manufacturer specific faults codes with their code reader. Your dealer may also be aware of this problem, but have access to proper technical support from France if necessary and any similar issues.
Thanks Marc
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I had a similar problem with mine, sometimes they would work and sometimes not. I had the motors out to check for corrosion etc but nothing found, what eventually cured them was a new battery. If the battery has low capacity when you operate the starter the battery voltage drops, if it drops below a critical point it upsets the electronics, this is what was causing my problem.

It could also possibly be caused by a poor connection on the battery or earth lead.

Peter
philip sowerby
My Cars: 09 c5 2.2 exlusive tourer

Post by philip sowerby »

Peter.N. wrote: 07 May 2021, 10:10 I had a similar problem with mine, sometimes they would work and sometimes not. I had the motors out to check for corrosion etc but nothing found, what eventually cured them was a new battery. If the battery has low capacity when you operate the starter the battery voltage drops, if it drops below a critical point it upsets the electronics, this is what was causing my problem.

It could also possibly be caused by a poor connection on the battery or earth lead.

Peter
Hi Peter

Just noticed your post. The battery is a bit iffy, for instance it will only work tailgate twice before needing engine running. Was thinking of changing anyway. Will do that first.