picasso timing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

piki
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: picasoo c3

Re: picasso timing

Post by piki »

i got it covered ,the drill bits didnt let the belt sit correctly , all good now ,seems to run just fine
Jaycshetland
My Cars: Citroen nemo (lenoard)
Skoda octavia (BB)

Post by Jaycshetland »

So your at the tensioner now they are s**t to set. I made a tool to do it. So what I did (same tensioner on my nemo fyi) was had the engine crank locked up (which was top dead when it stopped which was lucky) locked the fuel pump, locked top dead on the head pulleys to slipped the new belt on copper slipped the main nut for that tensioner and fitted the tensioner. Does your new one have a pin holding it (ill circle in your pic)? Put tension on the blue dot till it pulled tight on the belt enough to remove my mins easily held it there while I locked it up tight. Its a horrible place to get a tourqe bar on so it was Jay tight 😂😉. Then removed pins and rotated the engine through 1 full revolution of the engine on the crank nut. Double checked it all and fired her up had a look to check the belt while in motion. All been good on the Picasso for 2 years nearly now and my nemo runs so much better after belt and filter change. The air is so wet here it socks in every filter
piki
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: picasoo c3

Post by piki »

yea took for me a good hour to set the tension correctly , now it seems to run pretty smooth , hope it will last ...