I drove an electric car and I liked it.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

I drove an electric car and I liked it.

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

With acknowledgement to Katy Perry!
Are you going to give it a try :?: Have you had a test drive :?: What did you think :?:
This thread may not get immediate use, but when you do go for a test drive either with your nearest EV seller, or you have a special trip to Milton Keynes, or you have a go of a friends tell the assembled FCF throng about it here.
You could do worse than try out an MGZS EV they even come in Red

I was doing a bit of EV chatting to the Owner of a MGZS EV this morning who couldn't have been more enthusiastic about it. Enthusiasm sells. 7 year warranty to boot and they also now have an Estate in their stable the MG5 EV. To quote him
Once you have driven one of these you will never go back to a combustion engine car. They are fantastic :!: "
Like me he runs a detached hybrid, but the ICE part of his hybrid a 3 year old diesel is hardly ever used. He was looking to replace the diesel it but told me the trade-in price offered was pitiful. The shape of things to come.

On many levels now is the best time to get an electric car. Taxation hasn't caught up with Vehicle Excise Duty/or use of home electricity as a road "fuel" yet. If you have off-road parking there is absolutely no problem with getting a home charger installed should you wish, without putting out the lights off for the rest of your street. Many manufacturers package up home-charging and link with energy companies, some even pay you to allow vehicle-to-grid charging while your vehicle is plugged in.

Through your employer, and many are switched on, salary sacrifice schemes are a very tax efficient method of acquiring a new electric vehicle, and better than any deal you can get walking into a showroom. This thread here has a brief introduction Salary Sacrifice-Acquiring a new car with a useful video from NHS fleet solutions.
Any employer can do it.

Apart from all the incentives, the change is the most interesting and exciting thing which has happened to motoring since I passed my test in 1977 and flew solo for the first time in our Austin 2200 Mk III. :-D

Regards Neil

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020

Re: I drove and electric car and I liked it.

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I've never bought a new car and doubt if I will pay over thirty grand for one now. :-D

NewcastleFalcon

Re: I drove and electric car and I liked it.

Gibbo2286 wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 13:42
I've never bought a new car and doubt if I will pay over thirty grand for one now. :-D
Nor me and but I talked myself into taking the plunge with ten grand for a second-hand Leaf, and its cheaper (finance included/residual value assumed) than running a £100 Micra. This thread reveals all :-D

Bargain Basement Electric

Regards Neil

NewcastleFalcon

Re: I drove an electric car and I liked it.

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 13:20
With acknowledgement to Katy Perry!
Are you going to give it a try :?: Have you had a test drive :?: What did you think :?:
This thread may not get immediate use, but when you do go for a test drive either with your nearest EV seller, or you have a special trip to Milton Keynes, or you have a go of a friends tell the assembled FCF throng about it here.
So what's Milton Keynes got :?:

The EV Experience Centre

You can either have a short test drive, or go go a flexible experience. Prices published at December 2020 were. Currently closed but hopefully re-opening when restrictions are lifted.
“”I highly recommend visiting the EV Experience Centre, they have a lot of cars to see and try and are very knowledgeable, my 7-day loan of the VW E-Golf was great and I’ll definitely be getting an EV as my next car”

“Great experience test driving the Zoe and Golf. Fully recommend a visit, friendly staff and atmosphere.”

Regards Neil

NewcastleFalcon

Hub Nut has quite a following, likes his everyday classics, but in the words of the thread title

He drove an electric quadricycle well out of his comfort zone and and liked it :-D

Vid on the New Citroen Ami thread,
https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 48#p680148

He's not on his own, Robert Llewelyn couldn't stop smiling on his test drive for Fully Charged too :-D

Regards Neil

NewcastleFalcon

Book your Mini Electric Test Drive. Currently being advertised. Nothing to lose, See if you like it. Give it a try you don't have to buy :-D

Advertising it on TV right now. Test drives are back. Apart from the Nissan Leaf the only electric car currently manufactured in the UK.

https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/explo ... drive.html

Regards Neil

steen2345uk

Post by steen2345uk »

that's great but I won't be buying electric I prefer 2 carbs and and fine adjustments as I'm a petrol head I think 2 weeks test drive on electric with kids and busy family life then we sée real results as factory data can sometimes be false as they should be tested in real time and not in a lab on computer simulation but that's just me

NewcastleFalcon

Well if you happen to live in France and you have a nearby E. Leclerc and 5 euros in you pocket you can hire a Dacia Spring for the day....
In his publication, Michel-Edouard Leclerc confirms the rental price of the Dacia Spring. It will be 5 euros per day, including insurance and maintenance! A total of 3000 Dacia Springs will be offered for rent by the 510 Leclerc Location agencies. The Dacia electric will not be the only electric vehicle offered for hire since 1000 Renault Zoe will soon join the fleet of vehicles for hire.
In his publication, Michel-Edouard Leclerc confirms the rental price of the Dacia Spring. It will be 5 euros per day, including insurance and maintenance! A total of 3000 Dacia Springs will be offered for rent by the 510 Leclerc Location agencies. The Dacia electric will not be the only electric vehicle offered for hire since 1000 Renault Zoe will soon join the fleet of vehicles for hire.

Regards Neil