Marc's C3 Aircross SUV, Rants Raves & Everything Else

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Marc's C3 Aircross SUV, Rants Raves & Everything Else

Post by GiveMeABreak »

An update...

Had a call back from the Police after all to say they had seen the footage and completed an RTC report and provided the reference. Basically they said there was no video of the actual collision in the car park, but the car was "extremely close" which is all they could see given the angle. However they contacted the driver and told me he apologised if he caused any damage but was not aware of it, and was willing to pay for any damage.

So the policeman told me he had permission to pass his name and tel. number on to me, and said if I call him he'll pay for the damage and that will be the end of the matter.

So I leave it until I have spoken to my insurance company and advise them of my intention to contact him, and pass them the RTC ref and his details. They said it is up to me whether I contact him or not, and if I don't want to have anything to do with, that's fine to.

Turns out I called the bloke after this and guess what, he's now saying he's not sure he caused any damage and that me and the police should come round to his house and check hi car out as he can account for every scratch!

Well, I told him I don't have time for that and I'm only calling as the Officer asked me to as a courtesy and that if he's now saying he doesn't think he did, then fair enough, I'll leave it to the insurance to deal with. He wasn't keen on that, but kept insisting he had reversing sensors so it would of beeped.... not if he reversed out and his front end / corner / bumper went into my vehicle side and wheel as he turned out the bay...

Anyway I wasn't very pleased and told him that's his choice and I was off to get a quote from the garage just in case. Called the repair centre and drove down to get a retail quote for him. They called me back the next day with a figure of £1200. But to be honest, I've not even bothered to call the bloke back as I don't like people who say one thing to the police and then the opposite to me.

So I will leave it to the insurance company to deal with regardless of the outcome - whether they contact him or not. Neither I or the other driver get to see the footage, so are not in a position to confirm anything - but if he was adamant, why apologise and offer to pay in the first place if the police office told him the same thing as he did to me?

Anyway, the car goes in Wednesday, so de-personalising it tomorrow and getting a decent Ehrle car wash before it goes in. Incidentally, the chap at the repair centre took some more photos and had a good look. He informed me that there was a slight indent too! I couldn't see it personally, but deferred to his expert eye.

They have ordered the new alloy, a new wheel arch protection trim and rear door protection moulding too, then it's just the paint job 8-[

Fingers crossed..

Seeing as we'll probably be getting a Corsa or a Fiesta as a temporary runabout, I have booked in for surgery to have about a foot taken off each leg to be able to drive it :roll:
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021

Post by mickthemaverick »

That sounds more positive than it was Marc so I would call that a reasonable result when you consider where you were without the cctv and police. Now you just need to make sure your bodyshop do a proper job and leave the insurers to sort out the rest. If you have an excess on your policy you may consider a direct claim to the other guys insurance to cover your uninsured loss. Well done!! :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well I suppose it depends if my insurance company have enough evidence to say it was caused by him - so if they don't (I don't get to see the RTC report of the Video) then it will go down as a fault claim for me (fault as in not my fault, but a fault where the costs can't be recovered from a third party). I'm not worried about that if my premium goes up a bit - I protect my NCD, so it won't affect that. What else is insurance for I suppose!

I was reading about the ombudsman and there can be grounds for complaints where car insurance companies whack up your insurance costs disproportionately in some cases, so have already bookmarked that page....

We'll see I guess Mick :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

My car went in today - so should be ready next week sometime.

I now have Richard Hammond's favourite car of all time as a Courtesy car. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: answers on a postcard....
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021

Oliver? :-D
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Pagani Zonda?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok I was being sarcastic - Richard Hammond's Worst car of all time....
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

GiveMeABreak wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 19:20
Ok I was being sarcastic - Richard Hammond's Worst car of all time....
The one on the right!
GiveMeABreak wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 21:09
I do like the design, but here we go again, blink twice and hey presto...
ImageImage
it's a Nissan Juke!
Regards Neil
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Indeed it is!

It's a 70 plate model, Petrol Automatic in some hideous metallic purple blue :vomit1:

So far on driving it back:

Steering wheel is hard and plasticky
The buttons for the cruise are unworkable with obscure symbols that don't seem to do anything
The seats are wrap-around for good side support - but the headrests do not budge and are an 'all-in-one' design with the seat so cannot be adjusted - awful.
The heating controls are a nightmare - turning the dials has no indication if you are increasing or decreasing the settings - as the notch on the dial does not point to anything!
Same for the air distribution - it's 'turn it and see what happens' logic!

The telematics unit is awful - washed out faded background with no customisation of colours or wallpaper.
There are menu options all over the screen and no logical presentation of anything - it's all over the shop.
No Sat Nav
Took me half an hour to detect a buried option for CarPlay

Driving:
Reverse gear - hopeless for parking in bays or confined spaces. Most automatics have a trickle speed when you release the footbrake - enough to give you forward or reverse momentum - this doesn't. I had to press the accelerator to get it to reverse and then it was too aggressive and too much inertia for fine manoeuvres. So it was handbrake at the ready just to reverse into a parking bay.
No retracting Mirrors, so kept walking onto them going to and from the car door.
Lane departure vibrates the steering wheel - which is not very good as you can confuse this with wheel vibration - stupid idea putting it there.
The instrument display has a small vertical screen in the centre - and this is the only place you can set up car options. It's so small and crowded with 'pages' of screens - you easily lose your place or can't read the display. At least PSA have all this configuration done via the main touchscreen - much easier, larger to see.
This has left me totally ignoring the touchscreen as it is effectively useless for anything other than selecting the audio source and changing stations.

Verdict so far - although I can't stand Hammond as a presenter these days, he was right about this Juke.

Roll on next week when I get mine back!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ohhh.... and horror of horrors 8-[ ....

I almost forgot to mention, when I took the car in today, guess what was parked outside reception - yes, a EurocrapParts Van :shock: :shock:

Thank goodness all my parts are not available from them and have been ordered from Citroen!

My Apple Watch Heart Monitor was doing overtime when I saw that.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021

It's clear to me that when the designers at Nissan sent the pre-production drawings to the modelling shop someone put a 'U' where they should have put an 'O' :-D
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I really don't know why these 'designers' are just allowed to come up with non-practical non-intuitive functionality when they design these things.

They should have real world people being blind-duck testers for vehicles, recording them with no guidance getting into these cars and finding their way around all the features. They should sit back and see how the testers react, the comments they make and the issues they have before letting their creations loose on the public.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2021

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hopefully somebody else (with an accurate sense of taste, good spelling and punctuation) corrects the name to Nissan, Junk!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2021

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 20:16
Hopefully somebody else (with an accurate sense of taste, good spelling and punctuation) corrects the name to Nissan, Junk!
But if the designers had got the 'O' not the 'U' I mentioned that would make it a Nissan Jonk James!! :-D
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I am sure you will grow to love it then refuse to be parted with it.