Anyone have access to rneg firmware update? peugeot 3008 2012 executive

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

emalpi1
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Allure HDI de 2010

Re: Anyone have access to rneg firmware update? peugeot 3008 2012 executive

Post by emalpi1 »

Buenas tardes soy nuevo en esto tengo un 3008 allure HDI del 2010 lo compre en octubre del año pasado y la pantalla multimedia esta apagada desde que lo adquiri y he visto que hay una forma de poder resutitarla y es con una actualizacion del firware, tiene una ranura sd con tarjeta con los mapas y no puedo saber que versión es de firware, te agradeceria mucho que me pudieras ayudar, muchas gracias de entemano un saludo GiveMeABreak.

Google Translate:
Good afternoon, I'm new to this, I have a 3008 allure HDI from 2010, I bought it in October of last year and the multimedia screen has been off since I bought it and I have seen that there is a way to restore it and it is with a firmware update, it has a sd card slot with maps and I can't know which firmware version it is, I would really appreciate it if you could help me, thank you very much in advance, best regards GiveMeABreak.
Last edited by myglaren on 27 Aug 2023, 15:00, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Translation inserted.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@emalpi1: Check your Private Messages
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
emalpi1

Post by emalpi1 »

First of all, I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused by not writing in English, and thank you for answering and being able to clarify this. I'm Eduardo and I read several topics regarding updating the firmware of the multimedia screen of the 3008 and downloaded the RNEG Firmware R50b R50.03 e update. I tried to update the screen so that it showed that it was black with some very faint white flickers, they are only seen in shadow or at night, when the sun hits it it is not noticeable, but I could not update, I tried several cards in case it was the card but none worked. I have also read that it could be the micro sd card of the car radio and I have sent my message to buy the CD and the Peugeot Pack on the purchase page that you have in the subject, but I still have not received the message to be able to buy with the coupon discount. I would appreciate it if you could guide me on the steps I should follow to try to resurrect the screen before sending the car to the Peugeot house. Thank you for everything and best regards.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm not sure I understand Eduardo.

Your system (MyWay / WIPNAV / RNEG), doesn't have a Micro SD card inside, only the RT6 Units (eMyWay / WIPNAV+ / RNEG2) have this system.

Your system used the standard SD card slot in the front of the unit for Navigation and contains the Maps.

Was your display screen already blank or black before you tried to update the firmware? If so and your WIPNAV unit is blank or will no longer boot, then it is likely that the internal flash memory on the motherboard has failed and needs replacing / repairing. There's no repair I am aware of that can be done by the user. So may need a replacement or repair.

Marc
emalpi1

Post by emalpi1 »

Hello, thank you for taking the time to answer. I'll tell you that my 2010 Peugeot 3008 Allure has an SD slot in the car radio where it had an SD card for the maps and when I bought the car in October 2022, the screen was already black and it didn't go up or It crouched down when the ignition was turned on or off, so I bought a screen at the junkyard and this one does stand up and crouch down when the ignition is turned on or off, but it still has a black screen. I found this forum and I have read the topics on the screen and I downloaded firmware r50b r50.03 but it did not update. I tried with 3 types of cards 8, 16 and 32 sdhc 10. I have sent a message to be able to buy the update CD but I have not received anything. My question is how I should proceed to be able to resurrect the screen, thank you for everything and greetings.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your problem is probably not the screen but the Head Unit.

The guide on how to update the firmware is here:

viewtopic.php?t=58605

We don't sell firmware, but you already have the latest version available for what you have said in your post.

I suggest you read through the guide fully and see if this fixes it. If not, as I have said in an earlier post, you may have an internal problem with the Head Unit that means it will likely need replacing or repairing. The Screens rarely fail, but the flash memory on board the Head Units can fail.

Marc
emalpi1

Post by emalpi1 »

Marc, good morning, that procedure is the one that I have followed with the tests that I carried out the 3 times, I think I have tried almost everything, but I will tell you when I extract the files with 7zip, only the firmware folder appears on the SD card at the root and Inside are the two files that you mention in the manual, I also tried extracting the firmware on the desktop and then taking the two folders and transferring them alone to the SD, and it didn't work either. The CD that is sold on one of the pages that you recommend in one of your posts could solve my problem, I asked, Thank you for everything and greetings.
emalpi1

Post by emalpi1 »

I have also read in another of your posts that there is a micro SD card in the central unit that can be corrupted, could this be my case or not?
emalpi1

Post by emalpi1 »

This is the VIN of my car VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] in case it can clarify something for you, thank you very much for the help, a big hug. And forgive the ignorance.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so the first issue you have is extracting the firmware onto the SD card. You haven't followed the guide correctly.

You must NOT let 7Zip create the folder named 'Firmware'. Just make sure you EXTRACT the files only to the SD Card.
See my picture in the guide - it shows only the folder 'Head Unit' and the file 'HBUPDATE.DEF' in the route of the SD card.

Because you are creating another folder called firmware, the system is not detecting the update file so won't do anything!

As to your other question, no you do not have a MicroSD card inside this unit. That is only for RT6 units and does not apply in your case.

Marc
emalpi1

Post by emalpi1 »

Ok, I will extract only the two direct files to the root of the SD and I will try, thank you, I will tell you when I see it, greetings.
emalpi1

Post by emalpi1 »

I just formatted the 8GB class 10 sd card again, in FAT32, I extracted it with 7-zip, only the two files, I went to the vehicle and put the sd in the slot of the main unit (car radio) , I started the car and waited almost 25 minutes and it didn't do anything at all. Can I somehow prove that the SD slot is detected by the unit? I don't know, I'm saying that if I put another SD with MP3 music and if I can see that it is detected and the music is heard on the radio, or it wouldn't be detected.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So can you confirm there are files inside the 'Head Unit' folder?

If this is the case then the unit would seem to be faulty.

Marc
emalpi1

Post by emalpi1 »

Yes, the files were on the unit, only the two, and something had changed because now the radio or the CD did not work. When I was doing the process, I did not see it do anything on the screen. But today, when she took the car to work, my wife told me that the screen no longer goes up when she turns on the ignition and that the radio doesn't work nor does the CD. She put one in to test and now it doesn't come out. I asked if by doing the process of disconnecting the battery it could be restored as it was, that the radio worked well before and the CD too and it would tilt and stoop when the ignition was turned on and off.