C3 Picasso speedo cluster removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mczeladzki
(Donor 2020)

Re: C3 Picasso speedo cluster removal

Post by mczeladzki »

Hi Marc, I have now bought a new speedo ( the complete instrument panel ) from the car with a lower mileage. Can I simply swap and see what happens or do I need a computer to sort any potential errors? Or, would you first delete any errors as, as you mentioned before, it may be the head unit causing the fault with illuminating the middle screen in the instrument panel?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The illumination / lack of display is likely to be a faulty matrix screen - and is usually checked with Diagbox first. You would be able to test the instrument panel and the matrix / LCD screen with it.

Try the BSI reset in my early post on the previous page first.

If you are swapping it, remember the mileage of the replacement unit will increase to your mileage as soon as it is connected up.

As for configuration, there are options that will have been configured for your vehicle specifically and these may not be the same for the donor instrument panel.

Items such as language, Navigation Option, Parking Assistance, which instrumentation / displays to put up, Volume and distance units etc. These are all programmed with Diagbox. So you can either try to connect the new instrument panel up (follow Battery disconnect / reconnect procedure on previous page) and see if that lights up the matrix display or not - if not you have an issue elsewhere. If it does, then you should check that the display is working correctly, in your language and works. If the matrix and the instrument panel works, but there are some anomalies, then you'll need to have it configured correctly.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mczeladzki
(Donor 2020)

Post by mczeladzki »

Argh, frustrating, attempted to remove the cluster twice but no luck, Do not want to pull too much and crack the plastic; missing experience and can't find the clips :-(