Tyre Buying is Online the way to do it?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Tyre Buying is Online the way to do it?

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:25
They are mostly imported from Germany where they have to change tyres after about five miles. Loads of wear left on them and well within the use by date.
I wonder how Brexit has affected that particular enterprise?
Hell Razor5543 wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:21
Yes indeed. I got four part worns for my C5 for £104 (£26 per tyre including balancing and disposal).
That's a proper bargain James :D That's down in Daffodil territory!

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:28
I wonder how Brexit has affected that particular enterprise?
I wonder too - technically they are worthless in Germany.

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Post by mickthemaverick »

My tyre fitter is a fully trained Polish chap who came over here 17 years ago and started working at National Tyres. He hated their methods and moved to a local company after 18 months. 3 years later he left there and set up his own business which has developed very well since he started. He used to make monthly trips back to Poland in his LWB Transit to collect nearly new tyres to sell here. I have used them for 10+ years without a problem but I don't know how Brexit is affecting him. I will find out at some point!! :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:40
3 years later he left there and set up his own business which has developed very well since he started. He used to make monthly trips back to Poland in his LWB Transit to collect nearly new tyres to sell here. I have used them for 10+ years without a problem but I don't know how Brexit is affecting him. I will find out at some point!! :)

I love that :D True enterprise!

I hope it's not mucked him up too much because that's the kind of attitude I admire and fully embrace :)

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Post by mickthemaverick »

CitroJim wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:43
mickthemaverick wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 18:40
3 years later he left there and set up his own business which has developed very well since he started. He used to make monthly trips back to Poland in his LWB Transit to collect nearly new tyres to sell here. I have used them for 10+ years without a problem but I don't know how Brexit is affecting him. I will find out at some point!! :)

I love that :D True enterprise!

I hope it's not mucked him up too much because that's the kind of attitude I admire and fully embrace :)
Me too which is why I patronise him unerringly since I first met him when he was working for the local firm. There is nothing he doesn't know about tyres and I always talk to him about any related issue. His name is Peter (Petar I think but who's looking?) and he runs A-Team Tyres in Hertford if you ever need assistance in this part of the world. :-D

Peter.N.
Donor 2020

Post by Peter.N. »

Asda are doing cheap tyres down our way, one of their fitting stations is in Axminster which is our nearest town.

Peter