C5 X7 Tourer post-Covid spruce-up

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroC5
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 Tourer 2.0hdi
2008 Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6Hdi (gone)
1994 Citroen AX 1.1i Image (belongs to my better ½)
1991 Citroen BX 16 TZS (gone)
2000 Volvo S60 T5 (gone)

Re: C5 X7 Tourer post-Covid spruce-up

Post by citroC5 »

How does that work? Do you spray it into where the cabin filter was? I think I might be ordering a cabin filter shortly...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Yep, it is fairly simple although I will admit to never doing it, only changing the filter. The AC has never been smelly in either of my C5s. Doesn't work now anyway.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just don't spray any liquid into the pollen filter holder area as any dust or leaves you haven't managed to hoover out will become soggy and congeal / get stuck on the interior plastic and that can be a bugger to get off as it's inside once it hardens...
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
citroC5
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 Tourer 2.0hdi
2008 Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6Hdi (gone)
1994 Citroen AX 1.1i Image (belongs to my better ½)
1991 Citroen BX 16 TZS (gone)
2000 Volvo S60 T5 (gone)

Post by citroC5 »

I regret calling this thread "post-covid", and you can probably guess why. Should have been "Spring spruce-up" or something, and it even sounds better.

This is the last chapter of this endeavour, since the mudflaps were the only thing left on my list. These are cheap Chinese mudflaps, since just like the wind deflectors I installed earlier, if they turn out to be a bad idea, it won't break the bank, and if they're a good idea, I can upgrade later on.

The front mudflaps were dead easy, as two of the holes in the mudflap corresponded to existing screws that hold some exterior trim/wheel arch lining in place:

Just as user Steveo suggested in a thread where I asked about mudflaps (viewtopic.php?p=643008#p643008), I had to drill some new holes in the mudflaps to avoid drilling into the actual wing.

The rear flaps were a bit more of a hassle, what with the wheel in the way and such. I managed to get the job done without taking it off and here's how. First, I made a new hole in the plastic flap's rear, and bolted it to the car using an existing screw, as you see here below:
This way, I was able to align the flap properly, and had it held in place so I could apply the remaining screws.

Using a screw-in hook, I made holes in the wheel arch lining, otherwise the crappy screws supplied with the flaps wouldn't puncture the wall.
It was a bit of a faff given the reduced space, but it wasn't that hard either. You just have to be patient and not lose it when you drop the screw-in hook for the fiftieth time. Hope that's a handy tip.

The final result is quite pleasing, since they are very discreet. I do apologise for the terrible quality photos but I haven't had much luck getting around to photographing the car during the day. I park in an underground garage so the light's even worse.

So that's it for my embetterment of my C5 for the time being. Tyres, rain deflectors, RD45 radio, ashtray bulb upgrade, paint job, AC desinfecting and mudflaps. I'm happy with that.