After coronavirus

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: After coronavirus

Post by CitroJim »

Loving the bike despite it having an engine πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

moizeau wrote: ↑12 Apr 2020, 20:07
You'll need a new rear tyre as well Jim, with all the 'puter riding, the front will be fine.
Lycra and sweaty hugs, possibly too much information there....
Yes, riding the trainer will wear out a normal road tyre in no time at all... You can feel how hot it gets and how much rubber melts onto the trainer roller 😲

I ride with a special trainer tyre, it's made of plastic rather than rubber and has warnings all over it not to ride it on the road!

The plastic it's made of is not unlike those nasty Japanese motorbike tyres of the 70s πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The ones with less grip than PTFE πŸ˜‚

It works perfectly on the trainer and even better it looks good being red with white sidewalls πŸ˜€
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

What you mean the game you refer to Sir Jim is actually one of those ones where you need to ride a bike to play it :notworthy:
Sorry that is way beyond the call of duty and i thought you were a sensible chap, you drove French cars and know how to fix them, a truly hands on and knowledgeable individual, the next thing you are going to say is its all good fun and can join in virtual cycle races with others online #-o #-o

Whilst we have you captive i think your post rate will rocket, no point having an encyclopedia on hand if you do not read it :rofl2:

Good to have you here Jim =D>
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

admiral51 wrote: ↑13 Apr 2020, 14:48 What you mean the game you refer to Sir Jim is actually one of those ones where you need to ride a bike to play it :notworthy:
Sorry that is way beyond the call of duty and i thought you were a sensible chap, you drove French cars and know how to fix them, a truly hands on and knowledgeable individual, the next thing you are going to say is its all good fun and can join in virtual cycle races with others online #-o #-o

Whilst we have you captive i think your post rate will rocket, no point having an encyclopedia on hand if you do not read it :rofl2:

Good to have you here Jim =D>

It's so good to be back Colin and really enjoying the forum again πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I must confess that both cycling and running is as addictive as crack cocaine or maybe even more so 😲 Both activities generate endorphins, our very own internal feel-good drug closely related to opioids...

We who are hooked will do anything for our regular fix. Endorphins and the high they give is the most addictive thing ever... On the plus side, it's a good addiction with huge health benefits πŸ˜€

And yes, you do need a bike and a smart turbo trainer to enjoy Zwift and similar virtual cycling platforms... At a not insignificant cost either. Smart Turbos cost as much as a bike and sometimes more!

When I get a treadmill I can then use Zwift to go for virtual runs and duathlons...

But I still drive a French car and can still fix them occasionally πŸ‘πŸ˜€
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Jim you do not have to fix this one but i think it is right up your street :)
Xantia heater flaps
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

Well, this thread, having read it back........ :roll: